Night Raven x Ash (Fluff - 1/2)

I AM SORRY FOR NOT POSTING ANY REQUESTS YET-
I have been in a big block of thoughts, coming to realization that I feel like I can write more constantly when I do it without much care, to experience that, I will write down the only two requests I have and start writing whatever comes to mind, the requests I have rn are:
- Zephyr x Ash (fluff)
- Raven x Ash (hurt/comfort)

Yall rlly like Ash huh🤨

While I don't write the requests, I wrote about my absolutely not favorite child (emo birb) and his emo bf or smth like that hmm

ENJOY!!

Detective AU
> Humanized characters

-------------------

Alliance was a... rather strong word.
At least it was in Ash's perspective

His life always felt oddly incomplete, even with solving the haunted mysteries of life, when it became so normal for him, it got quite dull. Not that he never had people around him, he used to have friends he could trust, but that wasn't about them, it was about himself. He ended up growing tired. Tired of the same shit, again and again, tired of the same routine, tired of the same people pretending like they cared, tired of the expectations, tired of life, tired of himself. He came to a point where he felt like it was all worthless, he wanted to be left alone. Then he became lonely, probably a consequence of always wanting to work solo, still, he didn't quite mind that. It didn't matter anymore.

But way before such phase, he used to be a flame of joy, a determined worker and curious being. Everything that he wasn't today.

Only shadows of his past self, hiding behind a barrier he build away from society. "Flames once eternal had extinguished", his body was so cold it felt like he was dead, the simple touch had the same feeling of ice.

He had forgot the sensations of warmth. There was no purpose to make an act out of it.

Even so, someone noticed such changes, someone that would be rather interested in having a smart mind by his side. Almond, or detective Almond, as some would call, offered him something: they would work "togheter", not as a duo, but as two separated minds to solve the most peculiar cases, the ones that so many others would give up just in the start. Ash was rather relutant to accept, but there were more things he had to take in consideration.

Solve cases involving genius minds were always incredibly entertaining puzzles, sleepless nights were quite common for him, specially when there was a small piece he would take weeks to place correctly. Almond was a respected detective, one that probably worked so much that he was experiencing the same feelings Ash was (and probably was forced by Walnut to make something about it), Almond knew how to make his way through the most unbelievable situations and Ash knew his experience could teach a lot.

So he accepted the deal. They became a team, even. Every complicated case was easily solved by any of them, from complicated homicides to simple neighborhood problems and questions, interesting thoughts they shared, all honestly, Almond became like a older and respected figure for Ash. Walnut was the little one who always seemed to try to impress him.

But that was long ago.

Now they grew. Sharing a building with others that wanted to be experienced detectives, the main one being Walnut, of course, who was always around his office, giving quite useful advices.

Ash was currently sat in front of his computer's screen, papers all throwed on his desk, very messed, his mess was only understandable for himself, it looked like a tornado had destroyed the place to anyone else. The walls had frames full of pictures and notes, all conected with various colored lines, each one having a different meanings. All of that being made by mainly dark wood, giving it a nice and welcoming feeling, at least for Ash. His office was the coldest of them all, but he couldn't quite feel it. Not anymore.