Zephyr x Ash (fluff)

Requested by: Yuricandy178

Life and death AU

-------------------

"As bright as the stars."

It was a calm night. The moonlight kissed the surface and even so the insides of such dense forest ware dark.

The trees seemed to try to reach the thin clouds that once were tempted to cover the stars, ending up letting their beauty and light be seen by anyone.

Besides some owls and rustles, the forest was quiet. There, walking between bushes, was a certain someone whose presence seemed to captivate every alive being's attention. While he walked, flowers that hadn't yet bloomed seemed to have a moment of awakening, displaying their colors in the night. As if trying to reach for him, the roots spreaded far in his direction, longing for a touch.

The animals creeped up from their hidings, unafraid of the one walking by. Actually, they were the complete opposite of afraid, getting closer for little pats that he gladly gave, a warm smile on his face.

A little yellow bird landed on the feathers that were on his head, he looked slightly up to see the small creature, who chirped.

The atmosphere was calm, what was expected in such night.

Unlike that calm atmosphere, a squeal of despair was heard. Looking to his left, a little white bunny could be seen running its way to Zephyr.

Zephyr of life, as his own name hinted, was the god of all lives around, the one who had the power to create and the job to protect everything around him. And also the one who currently had the bird on the feathers that were on his head.

-- Oh lords. Okay, calm down and talk to me. What happened, little one? -- Zephyr leaned down, getting on one knee and resting one of his arms on the other. When his knee touched the grass everything around it seemed to grow faster. He patted the bunny with his free hand.

The animal seemed very agitated, his heartbeats were fast, its eyes seemed to shine, the ears down, touching its fluffy face. He caressed the top of its head.

The bunny leaned to the touch, calming down a bit, then immediately getting agitated again, jumping itself out of the touch, then around Zephyr.

-- Your friend? -- He asked, the bunny jumping around, moving its ears. The bird and the animals around just watched the two -- I see.. take me to it. -- The bunny jumped away as fast as possible. Zephyr got up and followed it through the forest, the trees almost seeming to move to give space to him.

They both made their way to a certain spot where the bunny stopped in front of a bush, sniffing it. Zephyr got the message, moving his hand past the leaves as the plant respectfully moved to give him some space. Before covered by leaves, stood a brown bunny, one of its pawns being curved in a not natural way.

-- Poor soul.. broke your pawn, right? -- He reached for the bunny, the said one moving its head to smell his hand -- Let's take care of that. -- Now, about four birds had landed on his head, watching as he touched the broken pawn and moved it to the correct place. The bunny instantly reacted, getting up like nothing had ever happened and craving for some pats. Zephyr giggled.

-- There, there, all good now. -- The birds chirped, the white bunny started to sniff the other, like saying "glad you are okay". By the way Zephyr smiled, the bunny probably did say something similar.

The little animals soon all looked to a specific direction, the birds flew away and the bunnies jumped to far. Hearing every sound, the slow steps could only mean one thing. He waited.