Chapter 4; Living in the Datascape

Many years later I found myself traveling through the world of data. Tron was kind enough to help me learn how to survive the data scape world and locked my digital file from anyone wanting to use me... Even here heartless was present. So I spent my days Taking my anger and frustration out on them. Mostly I was heartbroken. I don't care that I'm a nobody. I know I have a heart, I've made bonds, felt pain, fear, and love. I just wanted to go back to that. To Nani, to my friends. Then something caught my eye. A digital replica of the world Twilight Town. I walked forward and entered, finding myself at a train station. I exited and wandered around, greeting others as they did me. Then I sensed something similar to me. "You got this Roxas!" a voice cheered. I heard more cheers and made my way over to a sandlot, where something called a struggle was taking place.

I hid myself amongst the crowd and silently watched. A boy, striking a strong resemblance to Ventus, was in the match against someone the crowd called Seifer. In the end, Seifer won. I stayed as the crowd dispersed. "Hey, Seifer! Looks like you got a new fan!" One of Seifer's friends announced, pointing me out. I looked amongst the two groups of friends. "Oh hello! You must be new here! I'm Ollette, this is Hayner, Roxas, and Pence." The girl from the losing group introduced. I stared confused, these digital people seemed so life-like. The only real one I could sense here however was Roxas. "As if she'd want to meet you losers. I'm Seifer stick with us kid, you'll fit in fine here." Seifer says shoving the others behind him and holding a hand out to me.

Glancing at his extended hand then back at him I scoffed. "Sorry... Not looking for a group... I was just interested in the battle." I told him and go to walk away. I heard him scoff and his group left. "Hey, where are you from? We haven't seen you around before." Roxas spoke up. I paused and looked back at him. I hesitated to talk to them. I didn't want to get too close, even if he was like me. But that gave me the courage to trust him. "I'd rather not talk about it, Roxas... Name's Raven, I'll see you guys around." I told them and walked off. I traveled around the town and found a hole in the town wall.

I walked through and found myself in a forest. "Who are you? What are you doing here?" A deep voice asked from behind me. I paused my walking. "I'm Nobody important... Something I've accepted... Who are you?" I countered. "Someone making sure my friend is safe. Did the organization send you?" He questioned. I turned around and drew missing ache. "As if I'd help those backstabbers!" I snapped. Tears came to my eyes as he fought me. It didn't take long for me to pin him. I vowed from my fight with the others, that I'd never be vulnerable against anyone again. "How are you doing this?!" He demanded. "I've picked up a few things fighting heartless in the datascape. Not that I've been given many other options." I snapped.

"If you aren't friends with the organization, perhaps you can help us against them." a deeper, familiar voice said. I paused and looked behind me. "Why would I help you?" I sneered. "We can get you out, return you to your so-called family. Though I doubt a Nobody could actually have one." the man said. The one I fought stood up. I dropped my stance and looked at my feet. "Why should I trust you? You did nothing to save me back then." I challenged. "I was forced out before that happened Raven. I'm trying to make things right." the true Ansem said. I processed the data around me and frowned. "By trapping another innocent boy to recover Sora's jumbled memories. It's a nicer prison than mine honestly, giving him a life before you destroy him." I revealed what I analyzed. "I see you've done more than perfect your fighting skills." He observed. The other man stepped forward. "Please, if you can help us." He asked. I observed his stance. Desperate, he truly was just trying to protect his friend. "You, I'll trust, I'll help bring Sora back. I'll protect Roxas from within, I'm pretty good at scrambling the organization's information from here... But, you have to find my old family... Let them know I love them, and I'm sorry for being gone." I told Sora's friend. He nodded and agreed and they filled me in on the plan.

So I spent the next year creating a new life here once again. Roxas did become a close friend. I knew if I kept him in my heart, I could bring him back after Sora returned. I cut my hair to really bring out my new beginning. According to Diz and another fake Ansem, the people in this digital world are replicas of the actual people in the town. Their behaviors and mannerisms connected to their hearts to a tee. Which make me both amazed and annoyed, because I found myself slowly crushing on Seifer. "Why would you like a guy like Seifer?" Roxas asked annoyed. I smirked at the weirded-out look on his face. I looked at the sunset from the clock tower we sat on. Hayner, Pence, and Ollette left for the night already.

"I don't know Roxas, he may be a jerk but he genuinely seems to care about the safety of the people in this town. Wants to prove he can be that person. It doesn't matter anyways. It's not like we'd ever get together for real." I tried changing the topic. "Don't put yourself down, Rae. He'd be lucky to have you as a girlfriend. I'm just trying to protect you. You've been through a lot already." He nudges me and tried to comfort me. I smiled and nodded. "I know... you're the best Roxas," I said as we got up. He laughed. "Race you to the bottom!" He challenges. He knew I didn't like talking about mushy stuff too much. I laughed as we raced.

At the end of the night, I headed to the mansion as the program changed into night. "I have some news Raven," Riku says as he appeared. "That doesn't sound like a good tone." I sighed as I looked at him and waved my hands so he'd appear in his true form. "Why do you keep making me look like this?" He questions, pausing from the news he was about to give. "To remind you of who you truly are. Now, what's the news?" I got back on topic. "Remember the other friend I mentioned, who was missing since our island first disappeared?" He asked. I nodded my head. "DiZ found her in the lab when he was checking on Sora, Donald, and Goofy. But it seems she's your somebody. And Namine confirmed she's been asleep this whole time because you have her memories of before the island and part of her heart. Someone locked her pod until she is recompleted. " He says. I laughed to hide my pain. "I'll never be allowed my own life will I?" I asked, looking at the night sky. Of course, he didn't answer.

"Am I to assume Diz is already making Namine piece me back to Elizabeth?" I inquired. I was savoring how beautiful the night sky was. "Yes... I'm letting you know now so you can say your goodbyes to your friends now." He said softly. I looked at him with tears in my eyes. "Did you know I'm the first Nobody to ever be able to cry? I've read Diz's and the organization's notes... I'm labeled the wailing nobody... There are dusks I can control from here in the datascape... They all cry." I said. He remained silent for a bit. This isn't the first time I've told him this. He knew how I felt about everything about as much as Roxas did. "I have more news, The organization seems to have found both you and Roxas... " He finally spoke.