Chapter 6; Choices and Promises

"Raven you had a family that was taken from you. Rose was already taken from her family once. When a dark force destroyed her in Halloween Town. She was reunited when Elizabeth and Sora unlocked their own hearts." Emril Explained. She then turned to Riku and Diz. "Elizabeth can exist without them. She's done it before. Find another way to wake her. Or you'll change her forever by returning Raven and Rose to her. In the meantime, it's not safe for her here. I must hide her once again." Emril urged all of us.

I took a moment to process all of this. 'There was another girl needed to wake her up?' Raven didn't want to involve another girl and pull her away a second time. "We'll find another way. In the meantime, I'll help with anything else regarding Sora and Elizabeth." I said backing away from Emril. "I want to help. Bring Roxas back. We may mean nothing to you Diz but we know we're real for each other, and that's all that matters to me. I'm also not ripping Rose away from her family again." I decided. Riku nodded grateful but Diz grumbled.

Emril paused and accepted this. "Then I'll help as well. There's more then Roxas that need to be saved." She said. With that out of the way Riku had introduced us to Mickey. Emril agreed to follow Mickey and help his mission, whatever it was. I promised Riku I'd help Sora and his friends when they wake up. That meant staying here in Traverse Town on the lookout for the organization. 

At sunset, I sat on top of the clock tower. Contemplating what was to come in the next few days. Riku left to be sure nothing would stop Sora from waking up. I waited till I knew Olette, Hayner and Pence left the tower before walking out and sitting down. I wasn't sure I was ready to see them and become friends all over again. "It's funny... Somehow I knew you'd be here." I heard Axel say. My head swung around to look at him. I wasn't in the digital world anymore, I couldn't force him away.

I stumbled up and summoned my keyblade. But due to my surprise, I nearly fall off. "Whoa!" Axel yelled as I screamed, "Shit!" I was surprised when he caught me and pulled me up. "I'm not here to fight I promise. I just... I need your help." He said. His eyes, they were sad. I stared at him for a few minutes. "You're not really going to bring him back?" I asked. He looked at me surprised and looked away unsure. "I've been given orders to destroy him... Since there's no way to take him back." He revealed. We both calmed down and sat at the edge. 

"What do you need my help for?" I asked. "Just help me get my friend back." He finally asked me. I studied him for a while. "He'll be with Sora soon... Until we find a body of his own. I'll protect them. But get Namine out of Diz's hands. Or he'll get rid of her. I can promise this Axel, if you promise to help her." I finally said after a few minutes of silence. "Nobodies or not. We're people too. we can care for people and have hearts." I added. "It's a deal then." He said and got up. "I'll be watched so I still have to try to stop Sora's recompletion first." He told me as he stood up and opened a corridor of darkness.

Before he left I stood up and grabbed his hand. "Wait... H-how's papa Dilan?" I asked. I may have felt betrayed by all of them but he was my father figure. It's been so long since I saw him. Axel looked like he wanted to not tell me then sighed. "H-He goes by Xaldin now... and he's not the man you once knew Raven. If you see him, you run. Alright?" He told me. I hesitated and nodded before letting him go.  I looked out over the town, tears falling. Wondering what the future holds and if I'll ever have a family again.