I'm Home | Skephalo | Angst With a Happy Ending

(Time: Set right after the red banquet. My take on what happened after it. Can be read as platonic or romantic. Sorry if the writing is inconsistent, I wrote a large percentage of it back in September, and only a small part of it now.)

Requested by Xx_0amira0_xX

Loud thunder boomed in the distance of the mansion built for two. The sound of falling rain could be heard from the inside of the spacious house.

The quietness was interrupted by the sound of soft knocking, the demon at the door shaking from the rain.

Skeppy opened the door, surprised to see his demon friend. The man had tears streaming down his face like a river, his eyes an endless waterfall.

 "Bad . . ." Skeppy said, looking at his demon friend with great concern.

 These two had been together through everything. The disc wars? We're mining their way under the prime path to avoid the pvping. The L'manburg revolution? Where building their mansion, jamming to songs from each other's Spotify playlists while enjoying each other's company. Schlatt's dictatorship? Were discussing the ways they could make The Badlands more powerful.

These two had been through it all together, from the stupidest of arguments to the brutality of wars. They never left each other's sides, always watching the other's back. They loved each other, though neither of them chose to acknowledge it.

Then, The Egg happened.

Skeppy hated the crimson-red sphere with every inch of his living body. This Egg had brainwashed his friends, hurt his loved ones, and hurt him. It had taken over Bad's mind.

And right when Skeppy thought that Bad was back to normal, Bad got brainwashed by the horrible monstrosity again, telling Skeppy to stay away from it, as he was "Too much of a danger."

 So, Skeppy had enough. He locked himself into the egg, trying to figure out what Bad had liked so much, trying to get tutored by the thing.

Almost immediately, he was engulfed into a prison inside his own mind, the egg having access to everything that was Skeppy. His true feelings, his memories, his motives. Skeppy could still see what was happening on the outside, but couldn't control it.

Skeppy stopped trying after a while. He sat down on the gray floor of the mind prison, fidgeting his hands as he missed his old life. The life where he was free. The life where he could walk down the Prime Path without seeing the disgusting vines. The life where the mansion built for two had two in it.

Eventually, after what seemed like an eternity, he had been killed. He didn't see why and he wasn't going to ask why, just thankful that he had been set on fire so he could escape the mental prison of the egg. He respawned on Big Daddy island, before heading back to the mansion.

And now, Bad was here.

Sobbing at their front door.

 "G-Geppy, I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry, I'm such a freaking muffinhead, I--"

The demon's rambling was cut off by Skeppy pulling him into a hug, tugging Bad out of the rain and into their home.

Theirs.

The both of them.

And as Skeppy dried his demon friend off, and they both curled up next to each other on the oversized sofa, Skeppy could feel his own silent tears, identical to the ones that Bad was shedding as they hugged each other like it was their only lifeline to the world. 

And as they both fell asleep, there was only one factor on each of their minds;

I'm home.