Tell Me I'm Dreaming

"I'm just saying, if we go burn those tunnels it'll help Hopper and El! Those demo-dogs have a hive mind. When they ran away from the bus, they were called away," Dustin rants. "We burn the tunnels, we draw them away from the lab, we clear a path."

"Yeah, that all sounds good in theory but there's no way I'm bringing you guys to a tunnel in the upside down to lure a herd of demo-dogs to us," Steve flings a towel over his shoulder, placing his hands on his hips. "We're staying right here, do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, mom," Lucas rolls his eyes.

the loud rev of an engine breaks the tension in the room as a blinding light floods in through the window.

"Shit, what now?" Steve lets out an exasperated sigh.

"It's my sister," Max says, making Steve tense up.

Billy? What the hell is she doing here?

"She can't know I'm here, she'll kill me! She'll kill all of us!" Max's face floods with panic.

"Hey, hey! Calm down, nobody is killing anyone. Let me take care of this. You three just stay hidden," Steve takes a deep breath before opening the door, stepping out into the cool air. Billy steps out of the vehicle with a menacing look on her face.

"Am I dreaming, or is that you Harrington?"

"Yeah, it's me, don't cream your pants."

"Oh, it's too late for that baby," an evil smirk appears on her face as she begins to step closer, the glow from the porch light illuminating her face and turning her blonde curls golden.

"What are you doing here, amigo?" She raises a brow.

"I could ask you the same thing, amigo," Steve stands tall, crossing his arms as he looks down at her.

"Looking for my stepsister. A little birdie told me she was here," she replies cooly.

"Huh, that's weird. I don't know her."

"Small? Redhead? Bit of a bitch?" Billy's lip turns up into another smirk.

"Doesn't ring a bell," Steve doesn't waver.

"You know, Harrington, this whole situation," she clicks her tongue. "It's giving me the heebie-jeebies."

"Oh, yeah? Why's that?" Steve's eyebrows pull together.

"My thirteen-year-old sister goes missing all day, and then I find her here with you in a stranger's house. And you lie to me about it. It doesn't sit right with me, Stevie." She gives him a disgusted look.

"Were you dropped too much as a child or what? I told you she's not here."

"Then who's that?" Billy nods towards the house.

Steve turns and sees three heads quickly drop from the window. "Oh, shit... listen."

Before Steve can explain himself Billy swings her fist square into his jaw, sending him toppling over to the ground.

"I told you to plant your feet," she spits out before rushing into the house.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here," Billy glares at Max who hides behind the two boys.

"Billy, go away!" Max screams.

"You disobeyed me, Max. And you know what happens when you disobey me," she motions to her face. "I'm, the one who gets punished!"

Steve freezes behind her, confused by what she means. He's about to try to have a civil conversation with her to calm things down when he hears her yell, "you're dead Max! So dead!"