𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

ELINA

"FUCK!" I mumble to myself as I see the cancellation of the bus, at the sign. I begin to calculate the time it will take for me to walk to my house. It is only 3 bus stops. It will take 50 minutes to walk. I live in a small city and the buses only drive every 2 hours after 10 p.m.

I begin to walk. There is nothing else I can do, and I don't want to wake up my mom or call my drunk brother. Because I know he is probably at a club, doing whatever he desires.

I take my headphones in again and my jacket over me, I put on some random music on the lowest volume possible, if anyone would try to hurt me. It is getting colder. The goosebumps on my thighs appear from the light breeze hitting me. I look up while walking as the silence fills my head while the little sound of Beyonce 'halo' plays from my earphones. I can hear the leafs brushing each other every time a breeze hits. I can see the stars fill the sky. The street is only lit by a streetlight every 15 meters. It's dark.

Ouch. I look down. I've stepped on some glass. I'm so fucking stupid.

I sit down on the sidewalk as I feel the warm sensation from my lower heel. "Fuck" I mumble to myself, feeling a little amount of blood coming out after I removed the glass.

I open my purse and find some napkins and put them around my food. It is going to be a long way home. I stand up and put on my heels. They are tight and uncomfortably pressing on an open wound.

I take my jacket and purse and begin to hump in a fast phase. The need to get home intensified due to the pain. 

I finally reach the first traffic light. It is getting colder and darker. Maybe I should just give in and call my brother? I open my phone and begin to dial his number I've known by heart since I was 8. He hasn't changed his number since even tho he had lost his phone many times.

I hear some noises coming behind and I turn. It is a car. It is holding still waiting for the light to turn green. I turn back and try to focus on my phone. I hate the feeling of someone observing me and I am honestly really scared of dark-toned cars in the middle of the night. Call me childish but at night I imagine everyone wanting to rape me or worse...

The sound of a car door opening makes my blood run cold. I turn around and see the guy from before. It's weird because I somewhat feel relieved that it is him and not someone else. Even though I don't know him.

"Hop in. You can't walk 15 miles to your house" I stand stiff not knowing what to answer to his statement. I am in a desperate situation, my feet hurt and I know what he says is true. What I'm about to do is probably the dumbest I've ever done. To Get in.

I just nod softly before getting in while humping with my foot. He is sitting in the back of the car and demands for the chauffeur drive.

I sit on the right side of the car, keeping my distance. "Don't be scared princesa." He says with a gentle Spanish accent before he places his warm hand on my chin to turn my gaze towards his.

"I won't hurt you. Let me look at your foot" he says without even looking down at my foot while keeping his gaze attached to my eyes. His tattooed neck and arms radiate differently from his eyes. His eyes speak softly to me. If eyes could speak...

"No really" I try to make sure "It's okay, just a little scratch." I attempt to change the topic. I don't know him. I don't want him to touch me.

"It wasn't a question," he says and takes my foot gently making me sit across the seats at the back of the car while leaning on the right car door.

He removes the napkin, gently. He places my foot on his lap before he reaches out for a little black box in the pocket of the front seat. A first aid kit. He takes out some bandages and cleans alcohol to rinse them.