𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

(Short chapter)
ELINA

MY head feels so heavy when I sit up. I feel so out of myself when I open my eyes.

The brightness from the end of the room makes me scrunch my eyes before I look around and see brown tile floor, with beautiful walls surrounding me, feeling like home. A large open window in the room brings light breezes through the curtains... it smells like summer and ocean...

I get up, and it's almost as if my mind is completely blank... for each step, I take towards the window, I get hit with small realizations of what happened.

One step.

"Just know that I'm doing this because I love you so fucking much and I want to protect you. But I can't do that here" He takes a step closer and grab something behind him.

Next step.

"Marco what are you doing.." I say with a shaky voice taking a big step back. He has a blank expression.

One more step.

"I'm sorry. Just trust me." He whispers before he forces a wet towel over my mouth. I get hit with reality and remember what happened. Marco... a towel... and blackness.

Last step.

I stop right in front of the window and realize it's a door to a balcony. I look out and see palm trees, blue skies, and an endless ocean.

Fuck. I can't do this. I turn around and look around trying to locate my phone or anything that I find familiar, but nothing.

I hate him, I really do... I'm 26 and I can't live a fucking normal life without him intervening in it.

I walk over to the door hoping that it is not locked and to my surprise it is open. I take a step outside and get hit with talking coming from downstairs and I walk downstairs as quickly as possible not caring if anyone hears me.

When I get down the stairs and turn into the living room I see Marco and Diego speaking to each other.

"Marco!" I almost scream which makes him and Diego turn.

"What the fuck is wrong with you! Are you mad?." I yell and walk towards him not caring that Diego has a smirk plastered on his fave.

"Listen-" he starts.

"No you fucking listen. Are you some kind of maniac? Do I look like a bag of potatoes? No. I'm a fucking human. You can't just travel me around. I have a life in NY. I have my firm." I almost yell. I'm so pissed right now. After yesterday I thought things were getting better. And then he does this.

He lets out a sigh before looking down at me.

"Elina. Don't. Yell. At me! Okay." He says coldly.

"And if you could let me finish instead of yelling so the whole of Spain can hear you. I brought you here because New York is no longer safe for you. And I knew you wouldn't be willing to leave if I asked you to" he says.

"I don't give a fuck about who's after me. You fucking lied to me. Again" I lower my voice and let out a long sigh.

I force my eyes to look down at the ground. I'm not even disappointed. I'm tired. I just want my life to be how I planned and not any more people fucking lying or treating me like shit.

"How could you do this to me?" I whisper.

"Elina can you just trust me on this..." He pauses. "Please" He whispers back, looking directly into my eyes. I have no doubt that I have no other choice but to trust him. But it stings. I just want to push him away and leave Spain.