𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

ELINA

"TRY those" Sofia says while pointing towards her open closet.  "Which ones?" I ask, and look at the filled-up closet with at least 30 dresses. "The black and red one. Try them on" she says mumbling a little as her eyes are fixated on herself in the mirror, trying to do a straight eyeliner. 

We are getting ready to hit the club tonight, in Sofia's new apartment. love her apartment. It's about 50 minutes from where I live, and near the city centre. I live in a small town outside of New york. She lives 45 minutes from time square. It takes me around 2,5 hours to get to New York City, but I don't mind it. I enjoy living in a small town.

Sofia moved out of her house when she was just 17 and has been independent ever since. I admire that part of her. She is a very determined person. She just got this new apartment. She has been saving up since she was 17, to live closer to New York.

"Girl, I can't fit in these you literally have the body of a model." I turn around and look at Sofia. She just rolled her eyes at my statement.

"Shut up. Just try them. I know they'll fit." she gives me a warning look and returns to do her makeup. I laugh and walk over to the bathroom. Her apartment is small and almost shaped in a way where if you stand in the middle of the living room you can look into every room; bathroom, bedroom, entrance and so on. But I like it. It is very cosy.

I try on both of the dresses. The black one suits me the most, so I'm going with that. I tend to go with things that don't stand out too much. I feel shy when I'm around people. Thankfully, I have already fixed my makeup and hair, so I am ready to go.

I have had to borrow Sof's sister's ID to get into the club later. I'll be turning 20 next week so I guess it'll be alright. Sofia and Seb begged me to go. A new Club has just opened in NY and they really want to go. And of course, I agreed to it. 

I walk back out and sit on her bed while listening to music. She is sitting on the floor in front of her mirror.  "Drink!" I demand and hand her the glass of wine we poured earlier.  "Damn you look like a snack" she playfully bites her lower lip and takes a big sip from the glass.

"Thank you. But you have to hurry, we have to meet up with Seb and his friends in 30 minutes" I laugh and the panic in her eyes makes her choke on the wine.

"Fuck. Give me 10 min and I am ready" she laughs and runs over to the closet.

ꕥꕥꕥ

"I didn't know there was going to be such a big line," I say to Sof, while she is texting on her phone. "This is going to take forever" she sighs and looks up from her phone and at me. 

Seb brought 2 guy friends along. They seem kind. I only got to know their names. Ryan and Brandon, but I don't remember who is who. We all stand in this long line with at least 180 ahead of us. Sofia is trying to find another club nearby we can get into.

In the line of desperate people chatting about whether or not they would manage to get in before midnight, my mind wandered away.

I haven't heard from Marco all day... weird. I pull out my phone and text him.

- Hey. is everything okay?

I haven't heard much from him since he told me to stay away from his brother.

My thoughts are interrupted as a large doorman stands on my right side out of the line of people. "Are your Mrs Moon" I look up slightly shocked. Does he know I haven't turned 21 yet...

"Yes.." I mumble while nodding, making sure he knows that it's me. 

"You can skip the line and get in," he says briefly and I turn to look at Sof, whose facial expression is just as shocked as mine but she quickly nods towards me.