walk

I haven't been to school in a few days. Dad hasn't been to happy about it, but he could stay mad.

Most of the time I just lay on my bed staring at the ceiling. Bri really meant a lot to me. I can't believe she'd do that.

Me and bev haven't talked in a few days other than a few words. We really don't hang out like we used to.

𝘛𝘢𝘱. 𝘛𝘢𝘱. 𝘛𝘢𝘱.

I groan, throwing the duvet off of me.

I roll my eyes once I see who's at the window. Sliding the window open the man stumbles inside. "What do you want, belch?"

He ignores me rolling my eyes and muttering under my breath. "I just wanted to check up on you."

I cross my arms over my chest letting out a heavy sigh. "Whyre you being nice?"

He turns to me from where he stood looking at the posters of my favorite band I had put on my wall the father did not approve of. "What do you mean?"

"What do you mean what do I mean? You're a part of bowers' gang. It's not exactly normal for them to be nice. "

I could've sworn I heard him mutter under his breath 'stupid stereo type. '

"You wanna go for a walk?" He randomly suggests out of no where.

One he shows up TO WHERE I LIVE and now he's asking me on a walk. This is suspicious, but I'm down. "Let's go"

I slide open the window, waiting for belch to get out before I follow.

We sprint down the road to where he parked his car. "Are we just gonna leave your car?"

"I said a walk. Not a drive. " he says, glancing back at me from where he walked in front of me.

"So, how have you been since the last time you know.. We talked. "

He looks down at his feet before glancing at me. "Good. I guess. My parents are pissed about me getting in trouble, though. "

I let out a throaty chuckle. "I remember you always talking about your mom. How is she?"

"Oh -- Um.. Yeah. She's good. "

Flashing him a quick smile I continue avoiding eye contact. I didn't know this would be as awkward. "That's good. "

"Do you like Metallica?" He says probably trying to change the subject.

"Oh my god. Yes. "

He seemed really interested in the conversation now. "Really?!"

"You didn't see my Metallica poster?" I question, motioning towards the direction we came from.

"No. I wish I had. My collection is way more impressive than yours. I have like five. " he says, grinning at me.

I raise one eyebrow at this. "Are we making this a competition?"

"Yes. Right now. "

I roll my eyes playfully, punching him in the shoulder. "You're so annoying. "

"You're actually cool to hang out with. I don't know why you don't have more friends. " he says, smiling at me as we continue walking down the nasty sidewalk.

"Well, we can blame that on Patrick. "

We went silent after that just walking in silence.

"Can we go in here? I need some.. Things. " belch says, putting towards the pharmacy me and bev went in a few days ago.

I just follow the boy into the store. Once he gets like two feet into the store he anxiously glances at me before continuing.

As right as I watch belch pick up the box I burst out laughing. "Oh.my.god."

His face lights up in a dark shade of red. "I'm going out with a girl tonight... "

I playfully shove him, wiggling my eyebrows. "Ooh a girl. "

He ignores my teasing, going to the counter with the same old man standing behind it.

"Y/n..right?" The man says with a smirk. I just stand there not replying visibly uncomfortable. Belch notices this, scooting closer to me and pushing the box closer to the man on the counter.

I think the man picks up on the hint, scanning the box, but not before smirking at me. The action causes my face to heat up.

Belch grabs the bag from the man's hand and we walk out.

As we walk home in comfortable silence I couldn't help but be grateful for belch.

I mean he's a good friend. He didn't tell anyone about... He's just a good friend. He even went behind Henry's back just to be friends with me.

If Patrick found out we were hanging out belch would end up in a ditch somewhere just like the multiple other kids that went missing in Derry.

As we meet the end of the sidewalk leading up to the apartment I turn to belch. "Bye."

He smiles at me. "Bye y/nn."

I wrap my arms around belchs shoulders, pulling him into a hug. He just froze there for a minute before hugging back.

The hug didn't last long since I pulled away, smiling at him before going to my apartment.

A/N:

I GOT DISTRACTED SO MANY TIMES READING THIS

I WAS TRYNA LISTEN TO MY DEFTONES PLAYLIST. 🤭🤞

ALSO I'MMA JUST LET YOU IMAGINE WHAT THE BOX WAS 😏