swimming

I watch as the rock skips across the water down below me.

The quarry was my comfort place. I loved going here when things at home got bad when I was younger.

Grabbing another rock from the pile on my lap I underhand throw it into the water.

Dad had got home from work and he obviously had a bad day. He was extremely drunk and in a bad mood and he decided to take it out on me. Afterwards, I decided to come here.

The last time I had came here was with the losers club. Nothing had changed it was still the same old boring quarry, but it was special to me. It's almost like those kids in elementary school who had a stuffed animal and would carry it around every where, but instead of a stuffed animal it's just a cliff.

Coming to the quarry during night time was my favorite thing. Watching the stars pass by as night turns to day is relaxing.

I hear footsteps approaching making me whip my head around.

Henry Bowers stood about six feet away, tears in his eyes staring at me. "Henry?"

He reaches up and wipes the years away. He completely ignored me, but sits down beside me.

I find my self staring at the side of his face. He looked peaceful like this. I almost couldn't bring myself to be scared of him in this moment.

"Are you okay?" I hesitantly ask him. Watching as he turns to look at me for a second before avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah."

We end up just sitting in silence as I throw a few more rocks scaring the fish as they scurry away.

"What're you doing out here?" Henry randomly asks, breaking the silence.

"My dad. "

He seemed to understand, nodding breaking the eye contact we had.

"What about you?" I ask watching as a stray dog drinks from the water down below causing me to smile.

"Same as you." He says, causing me to nod.

Everyone knew how Henry's dad treated him, but no one would do anything about it. Even if Henry wasn't a good person I still feel bad. When I first found out Henry went through the same thing I did I was shocked, but also not at the same time. Henry didn't seem like the type to have a put together home life.

When I was basically apart of the Bowers gang I tried to help Henry as much as I could even offering him to stay at my place some nights when it was really bad even if my dad would be pissed walking into my room in the morning to see a boy on the floor passed out.

"You wanna swim?" I randomly ask turning towards the boy. Sitting in silence was boring.

"Sure."

Shoving all the rocks off my lap off into the water I stand up from my place as Henry follows.

I glance up at Henry anxiously before pulling my shirt off. I notice him staring at me as I continue to strip down into my underwear and bra. Realizing what I'm doing he strips down into his boxers.

I anxiously look down at the water below. "Is it a bad time to mention I hate heights. "

He laughs at me. "Are you serious?" I glare at him still glancing down below.

"Aw. Do you need me to hold your hand?" He says, mocking me reaching his hand out.

I glance down at his hand not knowing if he was being for real or not.

He grabs my hand once I don't reach for his hand, dragging me towards the edge of the cliff.

The only thing that fills my ears are my screams as he jumps off the edge, pulling me with him.

Holding my breath I preparing for the impact.

My body hits the water sending sharp pains through my whole body, but it goes away as quick as it happens.

As I reach the top of the water I push my hair backwards. "You, Henry Bowers are a dick. "

He laughs at me again, running his fingers through his hair.

Pushing the waters upwards with my hands I splash him with water causing him to gasp.

He smirks at me causing my smile to fade. "Don't tell me you're afraid of getting splashed with water too. " he says making me scoff.

I gasp as water collides with my face. "You bitch!" I say, laughing.

We end up splashing each other with water until we get tired of doing that.

"You know Bowers you don't seem too bad when you're like this. "

He smirks at me. "Like what?"

"Like not being a bitch to me and shoving me in the hallway. "

He rolls my eyes at me still smirking.

He swims over to me, wrapping his arms are my waist. "You don't seem too bad like this either. "

"Like what?"

"Not being Patrick's girlfriend. " he says before leaning in.

----------

A/N:

ANDDDD THEY'VE FINALLY KISSED AFTER LIKE 20 CHAPTERSSSSSS

BUT DOES THIS CHANGE ANYTHING? ??????