▷Part 8◁

"Oh, Alexander...." Hazel moaned as he lay on her and pushed into her.
It was a cold October afternoon but their desire and the heat of their bodies under the blanket kept them warm, although they were outside. Fall painted leaves made a bed for the lovers sins, and the willow trees around them bowed their branches down creating yellow cascades.

Not long after arriving at the palace, Hazel found a water stream in the property, behind the willow trees. The maids would do the laundry there, weekly. She walked upstream one day and, not far from there, she found a quiet spot where the little river bent around some trees. Those and a cane thicket provided enough privacy and no one ever walked there. It was a perfect spot for her to clean herself and her clothes like she was used to back at home.

Alexander insisted on visiting the place, for he was sure spending time there together would remind him of their summer in Thull. The terrain wasn't the easiest for someone in his conditions, but with his stubbornness and a bit of caution, they slowly made it there.

She squeezed her legs around him as she reached the climax of her pleasure. Her fingers buried in his hair, she reached for his mouth right after, and she looked at the bliss on his face as the ecstasy hit him and she felt his warm essence in her.
She thought that they should have paid more attention, but they were having a hard time to stay mindful during certain wild moments lately. Thankfully she was always timely at taking her remedy, but, alas, Grandma Maude had warned her it wasn't always perfectly effective. She needed to keep that in mind.

Alexander got off her and they lay on their sides facing each other.
They smiled, their fast breaths in the cold air formed white clouds that met and mixed together.
He lifted himself on his elbow, and his hand traced the curves of the side of her naked body. A lock of hair fell on his eyes.
"We should go..." Hazel said reluctantly.
"Life can wait a minute more."
Hazel replied with a smile and took a moment to admire his manly upper body.

He had been exercising with the sword during the past few weeks, and it showed: his arms, shoulders and chest looked more toned and fuller and his biceps looked very defined when flexed, like in that moment.
She attended his practice a couple of times and watched him having mock sword fights with Miles. It was very alluring to see him in action.

As she propped on her knees to put her clothes back on, she noticed someone hiding behind a tree.
Hazel jumped quickly on her feet as she wrapped herself in a wollen shawl. "Show yourself! I know you are there!"
She began walking towards the intruder, when the little spy went running in the opposite direction.
"Hey! Come back!"
"You stop right where you are, boy, it is your Lord demanding it!" Alexander thundered. His stern voice had the desired effect, for the boy stopped right away.

"Let me do the talking," Hazel told Alexander, who stayed behind.
She didn't want the boy to feel too intimidated by Alexander. She ran to him and kneeled in front of him. The poor thing was shaking, and surely not only for the cold.
"Fear nothing little one, we will not do you any harm."
He lifted his big blue eyes to hers and nodded, his lips quivering. He was the same boy she saw in the dark hallway, she was sure.
"I only want to know who asked you to follow us." She already knew.

The boy looked down and hesitated.
"Was it Lady Harrington? I will not tell her."
The boy nodded.
"It is very bad to spy on people, it-"
"I beg your forgiveness," the boy interrupted her, on the verge of tears.
She caressed his cheek and talked to him tenderly. "It is not you fault, for you are only a child. But she should know better, and God will punish her."
The boy's eyes almost doubled in size and his mouth opened.

"He will not punish you darling, He will forgive you if you stop the spying. And so will Lord Turner. You are not in trouble."
The boy nodded vehemently.
"Does the Lady give you something in exchange for your service?"
"Bisquit. Every now and then."
"I will give you a bisquit everyday for not spying. I work in the kitchen, you probably know that."
The boy nodded, uplifted. This offer was much more interesting than Lady Harrington's. And this woman was way nicer.