[NINE]

𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕭𝖚𝖙𝖑𝖊𝖗, 𝕬𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘 𝕬 𝕱𝖚𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖆𝖑

A/N: Okay, so, before another chapter begins and this arc comes to an end, I'll have to warn you that Undertaker is my comfort character so expect a conversation that it might be a bit ooc for him.Also, at the end will be a small manga spoiler. Nothing much but for those who read the manga and the specific chapter will probably understand.

~~~~~

The sky was clear with no sign of cloud, it looked as if it was the perfect day for a picnic. Though for some, it wasn't like that at all. Today was the funeral of the beloved lady in red.

Everyone who attended was dressed in a black bustle dress, y/n, though, remained outside. Her black bustle dress was reaching her feet and was covered a bit in mud from picking flowers. Lilies, marigolds and purple hyacinths. Some of them were hard to obtain so she would either have to go to the nearest mountain or find a flower shop if couldn't find them there. After she placed some white and yellow chrysanthemums, pink carnations and dark crimson roses inside Madam Red's coffin, she went to Mary Jane Kelly's grave.

Her face was unreadable, as always, but this time a tinge of sadness was evident in her e/c eyes. Her face was also covered with a black mourning veil. She bent down and placed the other flowers she picked for Mary Jane Kelly.

"I'm sorry I couldn't stop it. . ." y/n muttered, she sighed "I can't believe that I'm talking as if you all can listen to me. Can someone listen the words of the living once they die?" she paused for a moment before she let out another sigh, "Whatever. It doesn't matter anyway." she sat on a nearby bench and looked down at her feet "I shouldn't have come. . . "

"Well hello young lady~" Undertaker's voice was heard from behind her, she looked up and saw him standing there with his grin, he touched his hat in a greeting way "How come aren't you inside~?"

Y/n wanted to smile at him but the corners of her lips felt too heavy, "Undertaker, good to see you. Though, it'd be more joyful under better circumstances. As for your question, I just don't have the heart to go in there."

"Oh~? Is that so~?" he said as he sat beside her "What about these flowers of yours that you put in Madam's coffin and that woman's grave~?"

"I was never good with words," she replied honestly, she looked at him "I may seem like a fancy talker who always knows what to say but in reality I am terrible at this. I could never express how I felt in words, so my mother and aunt taught me a different method." she pointed at the flowers at Mary Jane Kelly's grave "Lilies, for example, have many meanings but for this occasion I used it as a way to say rebirth. Marigolds mean death and purple hyacinths mean sorrow."

"What about the ones you picked for the dear Madam~?" he questioned, sounding truly interested. Y/n appreciated the fact that he wanted to have a small talk with her in a way that drove her attention away from the funeral topic. At least for a couple of moments, but it was enough for her to muster some courage.

"White and yellow chrysanthemums are widely used to say goodbye. Now, pink carnations mean 'I'll never forget you' and dark crimson roses symbolize mourning."

"I'd never have guessed that you were interested in flowers~"

"Heh. . . I am full of surprises, aren't I?"

"Say, why aren't you going inside to tell these beautiful things to dear Madam's funeral, hm~?" he suggested "It might help you~"

"Yeah, but how can I know that she can listen to me?"

"I won't push you farther more, but even if she doesn't, it will help you~"

The girl looked him for a moment in thought, his words were comforting and she remembered the last time she started mourning. It was with her parents. Back then she didn't say anything at the funeral, she just picked some flowers with meanings.