--?PROLOGUE?-

—AUTHORS NOTE:
Just for a clarification, this is not the first part of the main story. This is simply just a background, so you understand where Grian has come from, his take on things, and to help you understand whats going on with him at the begging of the main story!
If this doesn't make sense, please feel free to ask me any questions!

————————————————————
   Grian was still upset his parents had decided to send him away with his new, 'nanny' or whatever. Yet, he wasn't surprised. He and his parents never really had a strong relationship. Grian noticed his parents weren't like other kids parents, he had realized other kids got more attention, and were well looked after. Grian's parents had practically ignored him once he had turned 4.

After the birth of his younger brother, Jimmy, Grian had noticed tension between his Mother and Father.
They had spent less time together, started sleeping in separate rooms, always finding a way to yell at each other, and were always out of town.
It had been the eldest sibling who had taken care if them. She have been 9 when she took the responsibility to look after her two younger brothers. Pearl did everything to keep the family together, but in the end, it wasn't enough.

Their parents had gotten a divorce when Grian was 5.
However, the law had decided that both parents had to take turns with the responsibility of the three children.
The first week the three had stayed with their Mother. When the weekend came, they went the their Fathers.
But things only went downhill.
Grians parents gave little attention to him or his siblings. Sure, they gave him money whenever he asked, or they gave Grian money to bribe him to go away, or just to get him to shut up.
Grian wasn't to sure what to do with any of this.

After a year, Grians parents actions caught up to them.
The law had taken away Jimmy away, saying he was to young to have any part in this decree.
Grians parents had lost all control over their children. Though they did very little to try and keep them.
Grian had been transferred to a foster home.
But Pearl had disappeared the day she was supposed to go to an orphanage.

Grian was scared, yes, but did well with his foster parents. They had lived a decently comfortable life a a few months, before they had moved to another part of the region.
He was 7 now, and was ready to start a brand new life at his new school.