A Goddess

Sophia Pov

Taking another cigarette from my pocket I sit at the exit of the 18th floor. I plan to just take care of the Floor Boss now and take Bell and his group with me. It shouldn't be too hard. I exhale the black smoke and look up at the shining ceiling. I've noticed I've been smoking more than usual. From once a week to 3 times a day. 'Is it because I'm stressed?' I thought to myself as I looked at the three cigarettes in my box.

"I'll have to make more later..."

I say to myself as I sit looking up at the ceiling. Stressed. I don't know if I'm stressed since I don't get stressed ever. The only time I've only gotten stressed was...

"Hmm..."

I hum to myself, continuing to smoke my cigarette. Looking over, I see everyone in the Loki Familia having a good time. Looking a bit closer and see that Bell was also having a good time talking with his companions. It slightly reminded me of the Xenos and how they interacted with each other. It just shows how similar they are to each other. Sadly, at the same time, they have too many differences.

I stand up, turning to the entrance about to take out the floor, boss. I then took a step forward when suddenly I felt someone's life force coming straight for me. Throwing away my cigarette I take out my sword as the being comes toward me faster and faster.

'This is strange. Why does it feel like a divine aura is coming toward me.'

I think to myself when suddenly my train of thought was interrupted and something hit my leg.

" Aaaaaaah Oof Ow my head!"

It was a small girl...no, not just any girl it was a Goddess. More specifically, it's Goddess Hestia. What in the world is she doing in the dungeon of all places? Not even three seconds later, a group of adventures come to follow her, and what do you know it was another God. Hermes was his name, I believe. He had blonde hair and a hat with a feather in it.

"Why did no one tell me that there would be that giant Goliath up there? Huh."

She suddenly looked up at me, and we stared at each other for a couple of seconds.

"Hey wait a second it's you from the Guild! What are you doing here Tall Guild lady?

'Tall Guild Lady...'

I think to myself before answering.

"You made a request did you not? I am just doing the request."

I say as Hestia quickly stands up.

"So does that mean you know where Bell is!? Where is he?! Is he okay!?"

"He's-"

Before I could say anything else I hear a voice behind me.

"Goddess is that you?"

"Bell!"

Hestia went right past me and lunged toward him dropping the boy to the ground. I stood there watching Hestia hug Bell tightly as I watched. Soon enough Ais, Welf, and Lili joined Bell. I only watched them all interact when suddenly I heard someone call me.

"Well if it isn't Sophia it's been a while."

"Hello herald, why are you here in the dungeon? It's very dangerous for deities you know."

I said to Hermes with a smile on my face.

"I just wanted to help out my friend Hestia that's all."

I say nothing. I know that he's lying he doesn't help anyone unless he gets something out of it. Hermes then spoke again.

"If I could ask what are you doing here? I didn't know people that work for the Guild could go into the dungeon."

"They don't I'm just an exemption from that rule."

"Oh, and what reason are you here for?"

"My someone is quite nosey today..."

I say to him as we both just smiled at each other.  Looking down at him as he looked up at me. Hmm now that I'm thinking about it have I always been this tall? As I was thinking Hermes then spoke.

"Ha ha sorry to pry I was just curious. No need to be so uptight."

I say nothing and look back to see Bell come toward us. Hermes then put his attention to Bell.

"Ah if it isn't the famous Bell Cranell."

"Um yeah, that's me?"

Strange Hermes demeanor changed don't tell me Hermes has taken an interest in him.

"Ah, so it is you. Please you can call me Hermes."

Hermes went to shake his hand and Bell did the same. Bell then spoke.

"Thank you for coming here, Mr. Hermes"

"Oh don't thank me you should be thanking those guys over there. They are the reason we are here after all..."

Hermes then turned their attention to the group that's been standing there for a while. They looked to be from the East from the clothes that they were wearing. I suddenly looked to see that both Welf and Lili had a look of displeasure when they saw them. Seems to me that they have a bad relationship.

'Not my problem.'

I think to myself as I was about to take out a cigarette but then notice the three cigarettes in the box.

"Another time then..."

I put the box away as I see everyone leaving back to camp. I could just take care of the Floor Boss now but it looks like Bell still needs some time to recover. I soon follow them back to the Loki Familias Camp.

/////////////////////////////

I sat on a box with weapons in it. No one was around and it seemed like everyone was asleep other than the watchers. I sat there sharpening my blade with the only sound being the few people talking in the distance and the sound of my swords being sharpened. It was peaceful and quiet. As I was finishing up I felt someone coming closer to me as I turned to see Hestia coming toward me.

"Hello, Goddess how may I help you?"

I say to her as she smiled.

" I heard your name was Sophia I just wanted to thank you for saving Bell."

"It isn't a problem I just did it because I had no more work to do other than going to the Dungeon."

"I see...Well, I still wanted to thank you for helping me. Bell is my only Familia member so if something were to happen to him."

I stay silent for a bit. I had heard deities say that a lot but when more people join them they tend to forget them. So I know that her feeling for Bell is fleeting. I only nod my head as I held my collar.

"Does it hurt?"

She asked and I just turned to her and see that she was staring at my collar. I smiled.

"It doesn't. Anyway Goddess it would be best if you get some rest."

I say to her as she nods and walks away. I look at the crystal night ceiling. And just stare at it waiting for them to change.

---------------------

I fixed the previous chapters and hope you like this one see you later I guess.