Episode Seven! (!smut warning!)

"Yo, Issa, pack it up already," Cyrus nagged, unimpressed at Kaissa's sudden interest in listening to podcasts while working.

It wouldn't be a problem if Kaissa didn't constantly zone back into what was said while working. Each time the podcast would even talk about something off-topic, it was like she was a police dog who'd caught onto a drugie trying to pass through an airport.

"Yeah, yeah, hold o- Woah, hold on! What!?" Kaissa couldn't even keep a sentence together before getting distracted once more.

"Fuck you, I'm leaving," the man grumbled before turning and yanking Kaissa's office doors open.

He huffed as the doors slammed behind him. It'd only been a week since the anniversary, yet work was still stockpiling. Kaissa was stressed, not that she'd let it show. As for Cyrus, he was taking on as much as he could to help lessen Kaissa's workload. However, Cyrus's expertise was limited, and he could only take on so much.

Everyone worked under the clock, constantly keeping its reading in mind. The anniversary line had only been released a week prior to the present and will end permanently in two weeks. At least that's what the company had planned. Despite time, the material shortage hadn't been sorted since its arrival, and stocks are running alarmingly low.

The only options left are to continue relying on the same providers and risk the lines' entire run or switch providers and run the risk of a drop in quality. This choice was detrimental to company face, and Kaissa couldn't risk making the wrong choice. Still, a choice had to be made, and time was running out for decision-making.

Cyrus swiveled around in Petra's office chair outside Kaissa's doors, blandly watching as the dark red and browns of the halls swirled through his blurred vision. Cyrus couldn't help but want to assist, yet Kaissa has always been one stubborn woman. Not once had she taken his help nor requested it, making the situation more frustrating.

Slamming his foot into the carpet under Petra's desk, Cyrus lifts himself from the wheeled chair and walks out. He'll help the woman he loves, even if it only makes a tiny difference.

"Issa, here I made it with two sugars. Drink it." Cyrus demanded, no longer taking 'no' as an answer.

"Oh, Cye, I thought you would've still been sulking," Kaissa chuckled, smiling at the gesture,
"Thanks for the tea! Come, sit," she continued, tapping the seat in front of her desk.

Cyrus had noticed a few differences since the time he'd left. One: the side of her desk with papers she'd been working on had decreased, in turn, increasing the side with finished papers. Two: her hair was tied back, and her glasses sat tightly afront her eyes which meant she was genuinely focused. She'd often talk about how her hair getting in her face while working was a bother. Three: the podcast had been turned off entirely.

"Do I distract you?" Cyrus scoffed, glaring straight into the woman's eyes as she sipped at the drink he'd brought.

"I, uh, 'course not!" Kaissa stuttered, caught off guard.

Cyrus stared at her with an angered expression, and she could feel his annoyance simply by his look. She didn't like the way this was going.

"Well then, why the hell are you almost finished, and I'd only been gone for thirty minutes!? I was here for two hours, and you could barely finish a single paper!" Cyrus hissed,

"Well, I... uhm... It's not that you distract me, I just uh... you were sitting on the couch. That's what distracted me..." Kaissa admitted, slamming her hands over her face; the word embarrassed could barely describe what she was feeling.