Chapter 5

King dice pov

I knew The Devil would like his pitchfork back so I took another couple of my cards, and told them to go and get it. I didn't think about where I would hide it though, and that was my mistake. Now they knew who knocked on the door and who I may have let in. I fucked up for sure, but it can't be that bad..

...right?

"Well, let's say The Devil kind of...wanted to see me? " I started, not really knowing what to say. My mind was filled with Curse words and what could possibly happen.

"So you let in the Devil?! But he tried to kill us!" cuphead now spoke, Chalice and Mugman nodding at his words.

"Cuphead, you are right but I'm sure we can figure something out. Besides, Dice has his pitchfork so it can't be that bad! You once had it, he isn't as strong without it." Elder Kettle said, trying to solve the situation.

''I agree with Elder Kettle. And mr.Dice wouldn't do that to us..Right mr.Dice" mugman agreed, waiting for a response. "...you're right. I have nowhere else to go anyways." I said, Mumbling the last part. That's when I remembered about Dev- I mean The Devil.

"Now that we got it sorted out, if you'll exuse me I need to go and talk with The Devil." I excused myself and slowly headed to the living room.

The Devil pov

I patiently waited for their little conversation to end, until I heard footsteps coming closer. As expected it was Dicey- I meant Dice. It was quiet and comfortable until he said something.

"So what'cha here for? I don't have all day y'know." I have to admit I, The Devil, was flustered. Of course I could've spoke first! Stupid me.. I haven't heard his voice in a while though. It's kinda weird..

"W-well,'' I manager to somehow put my voice back to normal "I came here to um.. fuck it. Dice I came here to apologize for everything and calling you a good for nothing lackey please come back I don't know how to manage a casino and- and- " I spoke quickly as he shut me up.

"Well, I could come back...but you have to get my trust first. If you get it, I'll go back to the casino and start working again. If not, you'll have to learn just like I did. Good luck!" Dice said as he almost shut the door behind me.

"W-wait! How will I know I got atleast a bit of your trust?" I said, hoping for an answer.

"I'll be going to the casino more often, and leave cards with a heart pattern."(idea from "gambling with hearts" you can watch/read the comic on youtube) He said. "Oh, and here's your pitchfork." Dice handed the pitchfork to me a he shut the door behind me. I teleported to the casino as quick as possible since it was cold. as I was in my office taking of my scarf, I realized something was in it. A card with a heart pattern. I chuckled to myself as I threw it on the desk.

I found myself looking at it quite often..

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys! hope you enjoyed the chapter, I won't be updating as quick as the first chapter because of school. anyway that's all!

~wolfie

word count: 564 words