Chapter 10

a/n: Technically, this may be Chapter 10 but is actually 12 - a good coincidence as it quotes a line from Chapter 12 of Book 1.

Trigger warnings for detailed? description of a heart attack-like scene towards the end.

The first time this part has a 10k words chapter.

Italicised Oh incoming~ ;)

Funny enough, this was partially written even before 8 it was done

Also, this fic finally earning its Ratings, I think?

Will proofread later

Azalea: May mean 'first love'; associated with an inexplicable feeling of sadness. Carefree yet bashful, it is cute as a newlywed bride. Its existence is neither grand nor flashy but still significant. Not found widely.

His vision had been swimming; a piercing ache in his temples. Still, he tried to open his eyes, afraid of collapsing in public. He first saw people moving in and out of his vision followed by a cacophony of people running about.

He gasped as air struggled to escape from his lungs.

He felt the pressure of two hands over his chest.

"Stay down! Stay down, Mister!"

The words were foreign to his ears but he still understood.

Someone was leaning over him. "Can you hear me?"

Yes, I can, he thought

"Sir, are you able to hear me?"

Now that he said it, there was a distinct ringing in his ears along with the periodic shouts.

As the concerned-looking man went away from his line of sight, he noticed the patterns of the ceilings.

Nothing meant to him anything anymore.

Yoongi accepted his fate. If this was how he was supposed to go out, he didn't mind. He felt bad for his poor mother. He wished he could have held his brother's hand as he let go.

*

Yoongi had one arm wrapped around himself as he had sat leaning forward in the wheelchair, the doctor looking at him pensively.

"Min-san, ideally you should still be in for another 24hr observation."

"Doctor," Yoongi wheezed, struggling to utter words, "I cannot. If a word is l-leaked to the press -"

"I understand your need for privacy. I am also allowing you to be discharged only because you have PBD."

"PBD?" Yoongi's head lolled to a side and held himself up tighter.

Dr. Sakuramoto continued to watch him with a grim expression. "Permanent Blooming Syndrome which is commonly known as Statis Hanahaki."

Yoongi knew that. He had read about it when he had been researching for Taehyung.

"Is it not - rare?" Of course, it had to happen to him!

"No," Dr. Sakuramoto finally had a slight smile on his lips. "It is fairly common. Just not that talked about. Many patients do not even disclose it."