Chapter 5: (Cowardly Lion)

(Cowardly Lion)

*June 6th, 1900*

*Forest*

*Day 2, Noon*

Dorothy, Scarecrow, and Tin Woodman were walking across the forest alongside Toto as it seemed that the forest was endless.

"It feels like we've been in this forest for ages, I wonder if we're ever gonna get out..." Scarecrow had spoken out while continuing to walk alongside with his friends as Tin Woodman nodded his head in agreement.

"I must agree, I hope we don't run into Kalidahs, they are such terrible beasts!" Tin Woodman had spoken out as this made Scarecrow shiver in fear while Dorothy was confused at what she just heard as she began to speak.

"Kalidahs? What are they? They seem awfully scary.." Dorothy had asked her friends as Tin Woodman began to answer her question.

"Kalidahs are terrible beasts! They have the appearance of tigers yet the physique and appearance of a bear! Such terrible creatures that we must never encounter in any circumstances" Tin Woodman explained to Dorothy as this made her eyes open in surprise as she let out a sigh of surprise while continuing to walk across the forest as they suddenly heard noises coming from one of the trees.

"D-Did you two just heard that!? It sounded like a Lion or something" Scarecrow uttered out as he quickly latched himself on to Tin Woodman as this made him stop in his tracks.

"What do you mean? I didn't hear anything, how about Dorothy?" Tin Woodman had spoken out to Scarecrow while also questioning Dorothy about the noise as the young girl had shaken her head in denial.

"I'm afraid not. You must be imagining things so it's best to not feed on those fears, okay " Dorothy spoken back in confusion as Scarecrow didn't want to press the matter any further so he simply shrugged it off while continuing to walk with his friends however Toto began to bark which alerted everyone once more.

"Toto, what's the matter? There's nobody there, It's ju-" Dorothy could utter out as she saw a butterfly flying in between her and Toto which caught her off guard.

"Wait! Come back! I'm not gonna hurt you!" A loud voice bellowed out as this scared Dorothy and the others as it was no other than a simple Lion.

"A-A Lion!!" Scarecrow cried out as she fell on the floor as he saw the Lion chase the butterfly around while Tin Woodman watched in confusion.

"A Lion chasing a butterfly? Now that's something you don't see everyday..." Tin Woodman had thought to himself as he continued to observe the Lion chase and play with the butterfly while Toto was still barking.

"Toto! Stay away from him! He could be dangerous" Dorothy cried out as in that moment, she wasn't afraid of the Lion as she managed to pick up Toto who was close to the animal.

Lion was grandiose, handsome and nearly as big as a full grown horse in size. He is a rather cuddly animal despite being so large, and also is a gentle giant at heart. He is said to have golden colored eyes that sparkle like fools gold and are full of wit and loyalty. He is warm, plush and soft, having a fluffy, bushy and curly mane that is often adorned with a brightly colored bow of red or green silk.

"Dangerous? I'm not that at all. I'm quite gentle but I dearly apologize for the scare that I've given you.." Lion had apologized to Dorothy in a gentle voice as this caught the young girl and everyone else by surprise.

"Gentle? Should Lions be fierce and always willing to stand their ground?" Dorothy had asked Lion in a tone of curiosity as she was met with the feline animal nodding his head in a rather shameful way.