Chapter 96: (Gathering the Heroes)

(Gathering the Heroes)

*July 16th, 1906*

*Quadling Country*

*Glinda's Palace*

The early morning sun shone upon Glinda's beautiful red castle while Ozma entered the palace since she wanted to speak to Glinda, and this seemed to have caught her attention.

"Princess Ozma, I've seen everything. It seems Dion has made himself known to the citizens of Dorothy's world. I never expected him to do such a terrible thing." Glinda spoke to Ozma while the young girl nodded in agreement.

"Yes, and to make matters worse, he's killed people in Dorothy's world as well and now he wants to open up a tournament that's going to take place in Kansas." Ozma responded to Glinda in a formal yet serious voice.

The news made Glinda perplexed; however, she was aware of Dion's plan, it was rather his goals that confused her.

"I see. It seems Dion is a threat to Oz and Dorothy's world, but you know I can't help you and the others since I can't get involved unless it's absolutely necessary; however, I can send out Kiki to assist you and the others. She's quite powerful since she's my second in command." Glinda advised Ozma in a stern voice while looking over at Kiki, who was sitting next to her.

After hearing this, Ozma nodded understandably before smiling at her.

"No worries, I wasn't planning on having you join us, but rather have Kiki join us. We need plenty of heroes on our side if we want to win this, and we don't know what Dion might have in store for us." Ozma responded and this made Kiki smile as she looked up and waited to see Glinda's response.

"Please, Dorothy and Ozma are my friends, and I want to help them in any shape or form." Kiki pleaded with Glinda in hopes of her master accepting the offer.

Glinda thought for a moment before finally deciding on an answer.

"Sure, we need all the help we can get, so I'll allow you to enter the tournament. I wish you nothing but the best of fortune." Glinda responded in full acceptance which made Kiki smile warmly with joy as she jumped up and down from her seat.

"Thank you, and I'll be careful, your majesty." Kiki responded joyfully as she walked toward Ozma while Glinda watched everything.

Ozma smiled once more as she and Kiki prepared themselves to leave the palace while Glinda finally spoke again.

"You're welcome. I wish you all the best of luck, and I'll be watching from my Great Book of Records. Good Luck, brave warriors."Glinda responded to Ozma and Kiki for the final time while she waved goodbye to the girls, and they waved back.

"Goodbye Glinda, we won't fail you, I promise you that." Ozma responded to the good witch with a motivated smile.

After this, Ozma clicked her heels three times and began to call upon the silver shoes to take her and Kiki back to the Emerald City.

"Silver Shoes! Take me and Kiki back to Emerald City!" Ozma commanded the shoes as a brilliant flash of light consumed them before sending them toward their destination.

"At least Dion is a threat they could handle.." Glinda thought to herself while continuing to sit on her throne for the time being.

*Emerald Palace*

Ozma and Kiki arrived at the palace; however, she still had more errands to run.

"You'll wait here okay, I'm going to get Dorothy's friend and cousin, Betsy and Zeb, okay?" Ozma advised Kiki while the red-haired girl smiled before nodding understandably.