Chapter 97: (Countdown to Tournament)

(Countdown to Tournament)

*July 16th, 1906*

*Emerald Palace*

The gang which included Ozma, Betsy, Zeb, Tin Woodman, Scarecrow, Lion, Uncle Henry, and Aunt Em saw Dorothy and Omby Amby stepping outside of the chamber.

Dorothy smiled at her loved ones as she stepped out of the time chamber along with Omby Amby.

"Hey, my friends. It's been a while, well at least for me, how's it going?" Dorothy spoke to everyone joyfully as everyone was happy to see the young girl.

Scarecrow and the others quickly ran up to their friend to check up on her and they were happy to see her.

"Dorothy, my friend! How did it go? Did you get strong enough to defeat Dion?" Scarecrow asked his friend in a happy tone while Dorothy shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly.

"I did get stronger, quite a lot; however, I don't know about defeating Dion in battle.." Dorothy responded while the news shocked everyone in the room.

"Wait do you mean?! What exactly did you even do for the past year!? I think you need to go back, we missed you and all but you're still not ready.." Tin Woodman advised Dorothy rather sternly while Scarecrow nodded in agreement.

After seeing this, Dorothy smiled at what she heard before she began to speak once more.

"Oh, I'm ready. I was being honest, that's all. We don't know how strong Dion truly is. I feel like he's hiding so much power from us.." Dorothy responded to Tin Woodman as she began to walk toward Aunt Em and Uncle Henry while Tin Woodman stared back in disbelief.

"What does Dorothy mean? She's usually so upbeat about things. Does this entail that Dion is truly a force to be reckoned with..." Tin Woodman thought to himself while he continued to stare at the young girl who was talking to her caregivers.

"Dorothy, I can't believe you've gotten taller. You've truly grown up, my dear child." Aunt Em spoke to her child while gently easing the bruise that was on Dorothy's cheek by rubbing it.

Dorothy smiled back at the comment as she chuckled at this before speaking once more.

"Yeah, I believe I'm five and eight inches...which isn't that tall but it's still a difference regardless, but more importantly, I've missed you and Uncle Henry so much.." Dorothy responded as she smiled at her caregivers before hugging them warmly which was returned by them.

"And we've missed you too. It's only been a day but I know it was an eternity for you, my child." Aunt Em responded while Uncle Henry nodded in agreement.

"It's good to have you back, Dorothy. It truly is." Uncle Henry responded to Dorothy as well with a warm voice and these words made Dorothy smile.

Omby Amby watched everything with a smile as he saw Ozma and the others walking toward Dorothy before he eventually followed them.

*Emerald Palace*

Dorothy and the others all sat in the living room area while Ozma told Dorothy everything about what happened on the last day including what happened to Polychrome, the armies that the Nome King brought being defeated, etc, and this left Dorothy feeling shocked.

"I see, I can't believe Dion would go as far as to head over to my world, it's maddening.." Dorothy spoke with a shocked yet calm voice while Ozma and the others nodded in agreement.

"Exactly, that's why we need to take down Dion and win this tournament or else he'll terrorize everyone." Ozma seriously responded to her friend while Dorothy got up from her seat, making Ozma raise an eyebrow.