⁰¹ family day

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ [ EUNOIA ] ࿐ྂ
chapter one.

             OUT of all the days of the year, margot hated this one the most

OUT of all the days of the year, margot hated this one the most. she despised seeing the eyes of her fellow nevermore students light up with excitement when they saw the faces of their parents walk through the entryway. it made her sick, deep down, knowing that she would never get to experience that herself.

margot had no say so whether or not she attended nevermore academy, seeing as principle weems was now her legal guardian. two days after she found out that her parents had been murdered, margot found herself on a plane, flying to the other side of the country to some random boarding school. to say that she detested the academy was a huge understatement.

sure, she could have stayed in her room, or hung out with xavier thorpe, seeing as he didn't have any family to be with either, but what she really needed right now, was a break from everyone and everything remotely related to the reputable academy.

which is exactly why she found herself wandering through the woods. it was like her own little safe haven. a place where she could go to blow of some steam or just simply relax.

she ran her hands along the fallen leaves on the ground, watching the colors shift from brown to bright green. "there... that's more like it." she smiled cradling it in her hand.

she had explored every inch of this forest, front to back. which is why the moment she stumbled upon something strange laying across the ground, she had to inspect it. what she didn't expect to see was a boy, who looked about her age, covered in dirt.

and he was .... naked?

after her initial moment of shock, she snapped out of it, unsure of what to do in this absurd situation. clearing her throat, she clapped in his direction, not wanting to get too close.

"uh, hello? sir? are you okay..?" her voice shook nervously.

the stranger didn't move in the slightest bit. "okay. come on mars, think of something." she muttered to herself.

she grabbed a nearby stick. walking closer to the unconscious boy. she poked him slightly, waiting for some kind of movement, but to no avail, he remained motionless.

after a few minutes of poking and prodding at the boy, she tried one last time, poking the stick into his ribs, harder than she intended too.

without warning, the boy jumped up, lashing out at her, knocking her onto the ground. before he could get any closer, she conjured up the vines around her, making them wrap around the boy, rendering him motionless.