⁰⁵ last straw

WARNING: abuse + blood

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ [ EUNOIA ] ࿐ྂ
chapter five.

previously:

"you need show me where tyler lives." margot demanded.

scoffing, "why would i do that?" rowan asked.

"do you want back into nevermore or not?" she crossed her arms over her chest.

the boy straightened, "fine, but you can't tell anyone i helped you. it would ruin my creditably."

_________

                       TYLER frantically ran around the house, cleaning everything he could find that was even remotely dirty

TYLER frantically ran around the house, cleaning everything he could find that was even remotely dirty. his dad would be home in an hour and he had to make sure that the place looked untouched. "maybe", he thought, "if he sees that's i did a good job, i can go back to work."

his heart dropped when the door opened earlier than normal. he hadn't even gotten started on cleaning the kitchen or living room yet. he drew in a shaky breath, making his way downstairs.

"you're home early.." he said as he stepped off the last step, keeping his distance.

"is that a problem?" sheriff galpin raised his eyebrow.

"no- no. it's not a problem. i just thought you got off later." tyler swallowed nervously.

"it was a slow day at the station, so i decided to just come on home."

tyler nodded, "oh okay.. uh- are you hungry..? i can make you some food."

"no i'm okay." his dad started walking toward the kitchen, grabbing a beer out of the fridge. "want one?" he asked tyler.

"um, no." he furrowed his brows, wondering why he was acting weird.

"so, what happened to cleaning the house? i told you to have it done before i got home from work." his dad said, taking a drink.

"yeah, but you came home earlier than normal, so.." tyler scratched the back of his neck.

his dad nodded, clearing his throat, "yeah, i get it. i'm not angry at you, you know, but i am going to have to find a way to punish you. you understand that right?"

the boy stared at his dad, unsure of what to do.

"i was really hoping to see this place spotless.." out of nowhere, he slammed the bottle onto the ground, the glass shattering everywhere. "i mean, this whole kitchen, everything spotless."