⁰⁴ answers

WARNING: mentions of suicide and abuse

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ [ EUNOIA ] ࿐ྂ
chapter four.

previously:

"this just seems a little weird if you ask me. what if it wasn't even meant for you?"

"well it won't hurt to see." margot shrugged as the bus stopped at the entrance to nevermore.

"just meet me on the quad at 7:30. don't be late." she said, pointing at xavier. he nodded, saluting.

_________

                        CHECKING the time, margot sighed impatiently

CHECKING the time, margot sighed impatiently. it was 7:35 and xavier still hadn't shown up. if he didn't arrive in the next five minutes, she would leave without him. at least 10 minutes had passed, so margot started making her way down the stairs.

she heard footsteps run up behind her. turning, she was met with an out of breath xavier, covered in paint. he bent over, catching his breath. "sorry- time got away from me."

"i can see that. anyways, it doesn't matter. come on, we need to go." she said, walking to the front door. she turned the handle, pulling the door open slowly, it creaking louder. margot winced, opening it all the way.

after successfully closing the door with little noise, the two were off towards crackstone's crypt. they arrived just at 8pm. margot looked over at xavier, "here, if i need anything, i'll be able to contact you with this." she handed him a walkie-talkie.

"wait- i'm going in with you." xavier protested.

"you can't. you have to stay out here and make sure no one shows up." she told him.

he drew out a long sigh, not liking the plan, but knew that someone should keep watch, seeing as they were technically trespassing. "fine, but be careful."

margot nodded, "i will. i promise." she smiled assuringly, before opening the entrance to the crypt. the door slammed shut behind her, making the room turn pitch black. at once, an array of candles were lit, but no one appeared to be with her.

"hello..?" margot slowly stepped forward, taking in all of her surroundings. she ran her hand along the walls, noticing the writing on it. it seemed to be latin or something, a language that she had never had the interest in learning.

"glad you could make it." a voice came out of nowhere, startling the girl. she turned around quickly, seeing a boy standing in the corner. margot squinted, having a hard time seeing because of the dim candlelight.