⁰³ crackstone's crypt

. . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ [ EUNOIA ] ࿐ྂ
chapter three.

previously:

"did he do that you?" xavier's voice was thick with anger, barely getting the words out.

margot didn't know how to answer, but her silence was louder than words, practically sending the boy over the edge.

in an instant, xavier had tyler by the shirt, shoving him against the wall. she couldn't tell who threw the first punch, but before she knew it, the two boys were on the ground.

_________

            XAVIER had the upper hand, quite literally, throwing punch after punch to tyler's face

XAVIER had the upper hand, quite literally, throwing punch after punch to tyler's face. margot looked around, but there was no one in or near the cafe for her to call for help, so she stepped back, not intervening. she was afraid that if she did, she would accidentally get hit.

as if on cue, the front door to the weathervane opened with the dinging of a bell as sheriff galpin walked in. seeing the two boys fighting, he ran over, pulling xavier off of the his son before he does any lasting damage. trying to get out of his grip, xavier writhed, lunging towards tyler.

"stop- stop!" the sherif turned, pushing xavier in the opposite direction of tyler, who was still on the floor, covered in his own blood. xavier huffed, his anger still high.

"what is all this about?" the sheriff asked sternly as he helped tyler off the ground.

"he hurt her." xavier said, his gaze boring holes into tyler.

"is that true?" he asked margot, having just noticed her since she had been watching from afar.

margot nodded, hugging herself with her arms uncomfortably while not making eye contact. sheriff galpin paled, "was it him, or the uh- you know..?"

"it was the hyde." she stated, looking over to xavier, who was visibly confused.

"hold on, he's a hyde?" xavier asked, eyes wide.

sheriff galpin turned towards tyler and grabbed onto his arm, leading him to the front door

"wait, where are you going?" margot furrowed her brows.

"look, miss, i am very sorry for what happened to you, but we need to leave." he said quickly.

"you can't just leave! aren't going to do something about this?!" xavier raised his voice, stepping forward.

"i am doing something about it." without another word, the pair left the cafe, the door slamming shut behind them. margot and xavier were left speechless, neither of them knowing what to say or do.