~ch. 4: Broken Hearted~

(New cover photo! <3)

⚠️ !warning! This chapter contains foul language and themes of suicide and abuse!! I will let you know when that comes and ends so you don't have to read it⚠️

_________

I woke up feeling a tad bit nauseous from drinking last night. Rubbing my eyes I see that it's past 3:00 a.m

Looking around, I definitely knew this wasn't my room. Then I realized the events that took place yesterday.

Sally's room, of course.

Yawning, I stood up to head to the bathroom. Before I placed my hand on the knob, I heard sniffles and a slight cry coming from behind the door.

⚠️skip this part if sensitive⚠️

"S-sally? Is everything okay in there?!" I asked calmly. Everything went silent before I heard him respond.

"G-go back to sleep, please."

My eyes held many mixed and worried emotions that I couldn't handle.

"Sally I will bust this door down, do you hear me? Talk to me, okay?" I panicked.

"I....No! Just go to bed! I'm fine for fucks sake!" He yelled.

I've been in this situation and I would rather not go through with it again, so I opened the door anyways.

The sight before me was.....oh my god.

Sal had gashes of blood on his arms, a pill bottle next to him on the floor with his mask off.

My eyes widened as I tried to get closer.

"S-Sal, please let me help you-" "NO!! Get OUT!!" His broken and disheveled voice broke me.

With shaky hands, I ignored him and collapsed on my knees holding my shaken hands above his wounds.

"Y/n, please...please don't," his broken voice followed by sobs didn't help either. I tensed up at the sight, forcing my head to the side. The smell of iron hitting me like bricks.

"S-Sal, you're going to have to trust me on this, okay? I've....I've been there," I soothed before I gently faced him with kind eyes.

"Just trust me, okay?"

It was silent, with me staring into his eyes reassuringly, before he nodded shakily.

With steady and shy hands, I scooted closer, not caring if I got blood on my bare legs, seeing how I was wearing shorts.

I grabbed his hands into mine before leaning forward, hugging him.

"Oh, Sal, I'm so sorry," I choked out.

I feel so stupid. Is this why he was acting strangely last night and wanted to leave? Did I upset him somehow? Or could it have been something else.

Everything was silent until I felt his shoulders shake, he let his face drop to my neck as a long sob came through. I held onto him lovingly, not letting go.

I understood at that moment, all he needed was a friend to comfort him, and so that's what I was there for.

Once we let go of each other, I then started bandaging up his arms with my shirt, literally just in my sports bra. This didn't bother me seeing how shocked and in a rush I was. I made sure his wounds were treated properly before I looked at him.

⚠️it's over now! Basically, you walked in on sal self harming over his mom, and some wholesome hugs and reassurance :)⚠️

"Everything will be okay, alright?"

He nodded before wiping his tears away.

"I really miss her," he choked out.

I understand now.

Nodding, I then pulled him into my arms once again, comforting him by rubbing his back.

"I'm here, Sal. I'm not going anywhere, alright?" I cooed.

Once everything settled down and I helped Sal stand, I gently grabbed his hand and led him to the bedroom.

"How about I make us some snacks and we watch a movie?" I asked, beginning to stand.

Sal grabbed my hand and looked up at me. I tilted my head before sitting back down.

"I would....actually really love that, honestly," he whispered sincerely.

I smiled wholeheartedly before standing back up, walking to the kitchen, making some popcorn and a few other snacks just in case he would like something else then I grabbed a few beers from the fridge, walking back into the room.

I sat the food on the bed and turned to him.

"So, what movies do you like to watch?"

"Horror, mainly," he says.

"I love horror! What did you have in mind?"

"Hmmm, Saw?" He asked.

I smiled and then went to Hulu, renting it just for him before I got comfy under the covers as the movie started.

As thirty minutes passed, me and Sal were enjoying our snacks and laughing at the many funny scenes that the main characters were doing. Dumb actions lead to dumb consequences!

I heard him giggle while munching on popcorn with his head resting on my chest. I smiled, feeling a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I then felt him slide a hand to my bare thigh, not budging. I blushed wildly at that, gulping a bit. Reaching for my drink.

"Hey, Y/n?"

I stopped and turned to him.

"I wanted to say thank you for earlier, I really appreciated that," he voiced softly. I nodded, playing with his hair.

"Anything for a friend," I say gently.

I felt him tense up from that, but I was too shy to question it before he continued.

"I've noticed something also," he paused.

I turned my head towards him, curiously.

"You've started using my nickname," he said.

"Hmmm," I hummed before my eyes widen. "I-oh, is that okay? I hope I didn't over step-" "no! Uh, no....it was nice, actually. It was kinda adorable, to be honest," he chuckled.

God, he better calm down with that shit.

__________________

A shorter, more wholesome chapter for you! Hope you enjoyed <3

Don't forget to vote and comment~!

Words: 976