~ch. 7: The Paranormal

I did not brace myself for what would happen behind that bathroom door.

A young girl, transparent, even, stood there lifeless and tattered in a haunting way. I took a breath in shakily, never letting go of Sally's hand. I may have held on too tightly, but I couldn't tell with how horrified I was feeling at that moment.

"Hi, y/n! I'm Megan!" The tiny girl said, cheerful and all.

I was far from cheerful, I had so many questioned.

I whipped my head towards Sally, begging him to know the questions that were flowing through me. He cleared his throat before speaking. I seemed to have stricken a nerve.

"Megan, as you can see, she has questions." That's the best he could do?!

I silently facepalmed and looked at the girl.

"Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you! I'm very nice! I'm sorry if I scared you, it gets lonely up here by myself so Sally face always visits when he can!" She explains.

N-not the answers I wanted, but that's okay. I gulped and released my hold on Sal's hand, hesitantly walking towards the small child, crouching down.

I stared at her, my nerves disappearing a bit, but not completely.

"Y-you're not....alive?" Well, that was certainly a dumb question, but what was I supposed to ask?!

She nodded, sadly. "Noooo, but it's not all so bad. Sometimes it's nice! Mommy doesn't talk to me though, I miss her." I felt sorry for her.

"Where is she?" I ask softly.

She pointed upwards. "Up there, silly! But I'm all alone. I can't see mommy, daddy won't let me. He says awful things to me," she finished.

I stayed silent, turning my head to look at Sal, sadness taking over.

"Oh! Sorry, Sally but I have to go! Bye, it was nice to meet you, y/n! Don't be afraid to visit me again!" I was about to respond until she disappeared, leaving me and Sal alone in the bathroom.

I stood up and faced him.

"What....just happened-" "y/n, I can explain but not here....not now, okay?"

I sighed and nodded before walking out of the bathroom.

If I didn't believe in ghosts before, I certainly do now!

This was all so....confusing and quite frankly, it freaked me out to say the least.

That poor little girl. What happened to her? how did she pass away? Are her parents still alive?

So many unanswered questions that are going to have to wait, I suppose.

My thoughts were soon interrupted as Sal spoke. "I know this was....different and you may have a few questions."

No shit.

I sighed and just shrugged. "It's....it's alright, when the time is right, I understand." I turned around and began walking to the elevator. "Let's just head back, it's kind of creepy up here and probably not safe, either."

He nodded before handing me his key card. I looked at him curiously.

He eyes the elevator before I mentally face palmed. Duh.

I swiped the key card and the elevator doors closed on us as we descended to the first floor where I saw Ashly run towards us.

"Guys~! Are you ready for the big party that's happening this Saturday?!" She beams.

I go to speak before I shut my mouth then spoke, "uh, what party?"

Sal and I equally had no clue what party she was talking about, but I'm not really a party animal.

Ash eyed us both then gasped.

"Larry didn't tell you guys?!" I rubbed my arm nervously, stepping away from Sal just a big to give us some space.

"No, he didn't. But I'm gunna guess there's a party," Sal says sarcastically.

She smiles big. "I'll see y'all later! Just thought I would stop by and say that I love you both," she then wrapped her arm around both of our shoulders, pulling us close.

The close proximity to Sal made me flustered and I quickly hugged her before trying to get her to release her hold on us. This only made her tighten her grip.

Thanks, Ash, this doesn't make the situation any better!

I faintly smelled Ash's perfume mixed with Sal's cologne, the aroma from Sal over powered and I gulped.

"Cmon, y/n! You know you love my hugs!" She giggled before letting go, seeing my face.

Her smile dropped and she pointed at me. "What's with the face-"

I shook my head. "I'm fine."

She shrugged then smiled again. "Anyways, see you guys later!"

She then walked away.

"She's beautiful, isn't she?"

I whipped my head to Sal, seeing his eyes as he watched her walk away.

All those feelings vanished almost instantly.

"Yeah.....she is."

_____________________

I plopped on my bed and stared at the ceiling. There was no way Sal needs to know I have a huge crush on him, that would ruin our friendship!

I placed my hand on my head quietly. I hate these feelings.

The last time I felt this way, I got laughed at and bullied for it.

I allowed my hand to lay limp beside my head before my phone started going off. I rubbed my eyes before picking up my phone.

It's...dad.

I sighed, preparing myself before answering.

"Hey, dad."

"Hey, how are your classes goin?"

"They start tomorrow, I haven't started anything yet."

"Oh, okay. Made any friends?"

"Actually, yes, I made quite a few."

"That's good, bee. I uh, wanted to talk to you about something."

I sat up, holding the phone to my ear before speaking again.

"Shoot."

"It's....not going to be easy, for both of us, but I'm really trying, honestly."

He's stalling.

"Okayyy?"

"I know things haven't been the same since....Loretta passed. I, uhm, I stopped drinking."

Bout time.

"That's great, dad!"

"Y-yeah! And, I started....seeing someone."

'Seeing someone.'

Seeing.......someone'

'S e e i n g s o m e o n e.'

______________________

Don't forget to like and comment!

Word count: 1003