~Ch. 9: Sting like a bee

I sighed as did a little bit of my homework while sitting in the cafe with Larry, Ash, and Sally.

"Ugh, first day of term and they already gave us homework," Ash complained. I chuckled.

"Bitches, welp, glad I ain't gotta worry about it caaaauuuuse, I'm a bum," Larry casually says, propping his legs up on the table with his hands behind his head.

I rolled my eyes, confusing on my homework. I read over everything before I felt eyes burning over my shoulders. I glanced over before I saw Sally scanning over, being nosey.

"Um, y-yes?"

"Here let me help ya," Sal grabbed my paper and started writing some stuff. I stared at him for a moment before a small smile crossed my cheek bones, making me flushed.

Larry and Ash were too busy bickering, so that gave me a moment to stare at how.....beautiful Sally was, with his hair messily down and some strands of hair cascading down his shoulders, some strands tangled in the straps of his prosthetic.

I rested my wrist under my chin before Sally's eyes cascaded towards my direction before I immediately rested my palms in my lap, dropping my smile.

"Here you go," Sally says, sliding my paper back over to me.

I scanned over the grammar mistakes I made, and a few tinkering here and there. I smiled.

"Thanks, it looks so much better, Sally face," I said.

He nodded before joining in on the conversation between Larry and Ashley. I gathered all of my things and checked the time, 12:25.

I still had thirty minutes to get to class so that's good.

"Hey, y/n, mind if I walked with you for a minute?" Sally asks. I nodded.

He stared at me for a moment.

"O-oh, no, I don't mind," I corrected. He nodded before randomly grabbing my things for me, making me tilt my head in confusion.

"Tryna be a gentleman, you know?" Sal says, letting out a small chuckle. I laughed softly.

Before we left, I got a glimpse of Ashly, with a huge smile on her face for some reason. Kinda creepy honestly.

I'll definitely ask her about that later on.

"So, next class?"

"Math," I said.

He nodded slowly, shoving his hands in his pockets with my bag over his shoulders. I followed next to him in a comfortable silence, walking down the sidewalk towards the school.

"You know," Sal began talking. "You're a really good friend. I don't think I ever thanked you for the other night, helping me with an episode I had. No one besides Larry has seen me like that before. Well, my dad has, but I try to keep it a secret from him. He's been so busy with Lisa, so I tend to do my own thing."

I let all that information sink in, careful to not interrupt him.

"It's rare for anyone to see me so vulnerable, you're special, you know?"

That made me stop in my tracks.

No one has....ever said that to me before.

Sally stopped and turned to me, seeming worried with how I abruptly stopped in the middle of the sidewalk.

I was trying to discretely, in my mind, find good words to thank him, or, better yet....figure out what my next move would be.

"I, uhm.....thank....you," I awkwardly said.