5

Y/N's POV:

I was trying my best to decorate the apartment for the holiday season. Luckily, Mads was better and was trying to help me with everything. I truly was thankful that she felt better, because I couldn't get Jenna to help me. Jenna basically just called me an idiot, and told me to do it myself. "Mads thank you for helping me out with decorating. Jenna is being an ass lately, and won't help me with anything."

She smiled warmly at me, as she draped the last bits of tinsel on the branches. "Yeah no problem Y/N, I know exactly how Jenna can be. Trust me, I've been dealing with her attitude for much longer than you have."

You may be wondering where Jenna is currently. Thankfully, she's at Billie's and I don't have to deal with her until later.

"Mads was Jenna always like this? You know, a jerky sarcastic ass?" Maddie sighed softly, pausing her decorating a bit lost in thought. "You know Y/N now that I think about it she kinda always has been. Though she got much worse, after you and those jocks released that video." I sighed and mentally face-palmed myself.

"I still feel extremely guilty about that. Those jocks really know how to get into a person's head." "Maddie I can't believe I feel guilt. I'm not the type of person who even feels guilt. I never usually care about repercussions ever!"

Mads patted my back nodding a bit. "Yeah I get it Y/N, I do trust me. However, I really do think you need to stop putting so much emotional energy into thinking about her. It honestly isn't healthy, and is only going to end in you getting hurt."

I sighed knowing she was definitely right, and that I should obviously listen to her. After all, she's my best friend and has always been there for me. However, we all know I'm just going to pretend to listen to her. I won't actually listen to her. Besides, I'm totally in love with Jenna even though she may dress like a mini Adam Sandler, and have extreme sass and sarcasm.

Did I also mention she's a total ass hole?

However, I nodded and pretended like I totally understood where she was coming from as we continued decorating. I picked up a box that was marked "Wreaths". I smiled sadly at them. Before my mother passed away, she'd always decorate with these mini festive wreaths. She'd hang them on every door of the house. I decided to take them out of the box, and do the same as my mother would have done.

Once I was finished, I stood back and admired my work. The mini wreaths were now hung on the bedroom door, bathroom door, and front door. Maddie beamed brightly as she took in all of our hard work. "Wow we really did a great job. I say we wrap those presents now that you needed help with wrapping!" I nodded, and went to the closet to get bags and wrapping paper.

Once we were finished wrapping, we both decided to get coffee and muffins to take a break.

"I'm truly not sure why Jenna constantly feels it's alright to pick on me. I mean, am I really that good of a target?!"

Mads chuckled as I took a sip of my coffee. "Honestly Y/N, I think she does it because she loves seeing your reactions. You need to stop giving her satisfaction, because that's why she keeps doing it." I snorted and rolled my eyes.

"Mads she's been like this for what literally seems like decades. I'm tired of it how do you even deal with her? There must be some secret trick, that your not telling me about." She giggled, "No Y/N there's really no trick. She just honestly knows that I don't put up with it. I ignore her antics and sass, and that seems to do the trick."

I nodded knowingly, staring out the window lost in thought. I guess that could work, but I've tried ignoring her behavior and it hasn't helped much. Mads took a sip of her coffee and put her hand gently on top of mine. "Don't stress yourself out too much Y/N, she's just gone through a lot in life. However, that doesn't give her the right to treat you like she does. Just hang in there for me, I have a feeling it'll all get better."

I snapped back to reality and nodded. Truthfully, I'm not sure what I'd do without Maddie trying to guide me through all this. I smiled softly as we got up to leave once we were finished.

"I gotta go Y/N, my mom needs me to help out with decorating. It's honestly really important that I help her out. Especially since it's Christmas break, and I'm home more." I nodded, "Alright then, well I'll see you soon Mads text me ok?" She smiled and hugged me warmly, before walking off to the bus stop.

I then walked to my apartment, and took the long elevator ride up to my apartment number.

Sighing, I took my keys out and unlocked the door. As I opened the door, I was in shock to find the decorations all torn down. All of the hard work that Maddie and I did earlier, was now ruined completely. I stood there completely shocked as I took everything in. Who would even do such a thing? Mads and I worked hours earlier on this!

I then glared realizing who did this, as I heard her giggle coming from our shared bedroom. I then stormed into the bedroom and started yelling at her. "Alright you lil twerp I know what you did. You better come clean right now or else!"

She looked up at me from her phone, and smirked smugly at me. "Or else what Y/N? What threat is soooo dangerous, that you just absolutely had to come storming in here like I'm the worst person ever? Honestly Y/N, you are very exhausting." I shook my head in complete disbelief. "No Jenna, what's exhausting is having to put up with YOU as my roommate! Though, you can't seem to get that through that thick skull of yours!"

She gasped as she put a hand to her chest, pretending like she was highly insulted. "Honestly, how rude Y/N! And to think we were actually becoming friends!"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes shaking my head. I cannot believe this girl!

"No Jenna, we aren't friends and we never will be. You are literally so annoying, and so damn rude every single second of your existence. I'm honestly getting real tired of your shit." She chuckled and nodded. "Well whatever ya say Y/N. But you see, you have to put up with me because I'm your roommate and that's that. So honestly, just deal with it. You are VERY dramatic!" As much as I hate to admit it, she's right.

"Yeah well sass ass what about all the decorations? Maddie and I worked hours on them this morning. Where'd ya put them huh?" She chuckled, "Oh relax Ms. glitter pants I stuffed em all back in the closet. That's where they belong anyways."

I just stared at her completely taken aback that she even said that. "You what? Jenna it's the holiday's! Decorating is a gigantic part of the holiday season!" She shrugged as she kept her eyes on her phone. "Well maybe for you Y/N, but definitely not for me. I ain't about that fancy glitter shit."

At this point, I don't even give a damn anymore. If she wants no decorations then that's her problem. But little does she know, I refuse to give up that easily!

[A/N: hello hello all! Has it been forever since I've updated? Geesh, guess it has guys! I apologize on that! I'm trying to update more and more. However, I've had lack of motivation for the longest time. This week I've sadly come down with the dreaded virus that we ALL know about! Yeah, THAT one!😪 it's truly been a drag you guys! However, I love you all and I thank you guys for 1K reads!!! THAT IS CRAZY🤯! Thanks for allllll the love and support I'm getting on this book! Oh also Merry Christmas!]

 This week I've sadly come down with the dreaded virus that we ALL know about! Yeah, THAT one!😪 it's truly been a drag you guys! However, I love you all and I thank you guys for 1K reads!!! THAT IS CRAZY🤯! Thanks for allllll the love and support...