◇Chapter 14◇

The lights flickered on the ceiling of the train as Sooah was seated reading a book whith earphones in blasting music through them.

Everyone was given a 3 day holiday so sooah decided to go home, Hyeri didnt tag along as she went to her house in Busan and was only planning to go to her house in Gwangju on the last day, which was where sooah was headed.

The train took about 1 hour (no clue if this is accurate of it isnt just ignore it)
To get to Gwangju.

As time passed, the train came to a stop and Sooah got out into the bustling station.

She climbed her way up the stairs and hauled a taxi, giving the driver the adress of her neighbourhood.

The traveling overall wasnt that exhausting but sooah didnt know if she was excited to see her parents or not.

Either they would be fighting with each other the moment she came home or either they would be silent.

Thing is Sooah's parents were good people, but the stress really got to them especially her father, well namely the stress of living up to societies expectation.

They were both doctors, surgeons namely so they were always busy. Sooah couldn't remember the last time they had a nice family dinner where everyone conversed asking how the others day was.

Sooah has an older brother who was sent to the states to study, the only reason he was sent was because Sooahs father found out that he was gay and had a boyfriend.

And the father being old fashioned and narrow minded did not approve.

Sooah was very close with her brother, she knew of his preferences but never once judged him for any of it, in fact she was really excited when she met his boyfriend.

But sooah was young when her brother got caught to their father. And when she found out that he was leaving because of it, she blamed her brother for it all and they lost contact after it all, with her dad sending him away with the words—

"Dont enter this house or contact any of us until you are cured" before he kicked him all the way to the states.

Sooah hadn't heard from her brother in over 6 years, and she was starting to forget his face and voice, only being left with the memories of them.

Her mother didnt have a say anything even though she didnt want to send her son to the states, infact the relationship between her father and mother started deteriorating after sooahs mother defended her son saying there was nothing wrong in being gay.

Which her father clearly despised.

With a sigh sooah left the taxi after paying the taxi fare, she strolled her suitcase and knocked onto he door, knowing her parents were home since it was a sunday.

Sooahs mother showed up to the door with a smile as expected.

"Hello sooah, how have you been get in it's cold out" she said as she opened the door wide and went into the house.

Sooah smiled back and walked inside and locked the door behind her.

"You must be tired after the long trip right come sit down, I'll get you some fruit" her mother said before turning to walk to the kitchen.

"Not really tired but thank you ma, wheres dad by the way" sooah asked as she sat on the couch and pulled her legs up to sit cross crossed.

"Hes out to an overseas surgery, a very important one at that— might even get him a promotion" she said in response.

"So he wont be here by the time I go back?" Sooah asked.

Her mother said no in response. "Why is there something you want to tell him?" Her mother asked.