Enter the Omni Ranger: Nero Stein

Disclaimer: I own nothing, just the OC. Please support the official release.

A sea of darkness.

That's how anyone would describe what he's seeing.

He remembers his name. Nero Stein. He remembered going to a bar with his friends and later getting in his car drunk before everything turned black.

"I knew I should have called a Lift instead of driving. What was I thinking?" I said. "So is this the afterlife or something? Because if it is, then I already wanna leave."

"Welcome, Nero Stein."

Nero's eyes widened at the sudden voice seemingly coming from everywhere. "Who said that?" He looks around but finds no one.

"I did."

'Okay, this is getting creepy.' "Where are you?"

"I am everywhere. You could say that I am this dimension." The dark voice said.

"... what are you?" Nero asked.

"How do I explain it in a way your tiny mortal brain can understand?" The voice hums for a solid minute before stopping. "Tell me, do you know Power Rangers?"

"Um... yeah?" Nero looks confused.

"Do you know what the Morphin Grid is?"

I ponder for a moment. "That's the source of all rangers' powers, and I guess all life in the universe?"

"Close enough." The voice shrugs. "I am what you humans would call the other side of the coin. Or in this case, the other side of the Grid."

"Wait. Are you saying YOU'RE the Morphin Grid!?" Nero exclaims.

"In a sense. What I really am is the Anti-Existence of the Morphin Grid. I am the chaotic energy left behind during the universe's inception. When the Grid became the dominant force in the universe, I was put in the proverbial shelf as it were. Left to collect dust at the end of eternity." The dark voice said.

"Oh..." Nero said. "I'm... sorry?"

"Eh, I don't really care. Besides, I got to see you mortals abuse the Grid in your eternal war of good versus evil so it wasn't all that bad." The dark voice then sighs. "Which brings us to the main problem."

"What do you mean?" Nero asked.

"The problem is the war itself. It is getting boring." The voice admits. "It's always the same thing: Evil show up, good guys show up, good guys beat bad guys, rinse and repeat. It's honestly ridiculous." He said. "Which brings us back to you."

Nero points to his face. "Me?"

"Yup. I've had my eye on you for a while, Nero Stein. You seem to have the innate ability to make any situation interesting regardless of how bad it is which makes you perfect for this little project of mine." The dark voice states. "You're going to the Power Rangers universe, and you're going to make it as interesting as possible. You could be a hero, a villain, neither, both it doesn't matter how you do it. Hell, you can add some spice to the whole thing and get yourself a harem. I don't care. Just get it done."

Nero blinks at the dark god's seemingly nonchalant attitude about the whole thing. He wants to send me to the Power Rangers universe because he's bored. BORED! I mean, I know people who have done things for dumber reasons, but he literally killed me just for that!? That's beyond stupid. It's ludicrous!