Vile truth III

*******

Years have passed and our princes grew up to be princesses with responsibilities, intense training and tasks. They were remodeled, shaped and disciplined to grow up as men, King Archmail made sure of it.

On one of the days when winter was starting to close in, the king had a visitor. Banging on the throne room came Astharoth
"He knows" he began "he knows of the children you have been hiding and he will come for them all. You have broken your word and you will face the consequences of your actions"

The king said nothing as he watched the words roll off the dark hooded creature's mouth, he was too stunned to speak.
He knew this day was coming sooner or later but he never prepared for it. He wasn't stupid to think that he could ever hide anything from Mammoth.

"My lord insists that you be reminded of the favor you owe. Either you give it up willingly or it shall be taken from you by force." He added "heed this as a warning Your Majesty, your last one"

And as he turned to leave the king finally spoke

"He never sent you, did he?"
Astharoth turned with a puzzled expression on his face — "i beg your pardon?"

"You came here on your own free will." King Archmail added.
"Why?" He asked
Astharoth kept mute
"You were a general once— a slave demon who became the greatest demon general of his time. A slave so loyal to his lord that he ended up going rogue with his master, betraying their king and their kingdom—"

"Say no more or i promise you i will rip your tongue out. You do not speak of his Highness like that." Astharoth spoke, spitting smoke as he opened his mouth. His eyes turned void and his hands started shaking.

"Why?" The king asked softly "why are you going through all this when you know you have a choice? most importantly, why did you come here to warn me?"

He charged towards the king grabbing his cape
"Yes, i had a choice and i chose him. You do not know anything about hell or it's laws. You have no idea about the wrong they had done to him that made him go rogue in his own land and abandon his brothers. You have no idea what it took for him to create the dark north—"

"You love him" 

Astharoth slowly lets go
"you love him because no one saw him like you did. In his lowest and greediest times, you were always there. You want to save him from what is about to occur, you want to help him get the justice he deserves..."

Astharoth backs away "how does he know too much" he asked himself

The look in his eyes confirmed everything to King Archmail  "you are willing to save him even if it means destroying yourself in the process" he added

Astharoth sighed and started walking towards the door "isn't that what good loyal servants are supposed to do?" He said as he exits the throne room.

Archmail

Later that night, he summoned his wife and she came in the most majestic way ever. Her gorgeous hair as smooth as silk was laid on her back, her honey eyes booming in the moonlight, her soft skin as red as plum. It has been a while since the king summoned her at night, she was excited. Ever since she bore him children his attention on her had been less and more on her children.

"Your majesty" she bowed
He turned and his gaze did not meet hers. "You may rise" he spoke

She gently lifted her head up and their eyes locked . He walked up to her slowly, not breaking their gaze and he held her by her arms
"never gets old" he said, she smiled.