Chest Of Demons

"Vincent!" Flim Flam shouts as the group finds Vincent.

"Flim Flam? Oh, this is quite a reunion. But I'm afraid it's too late! The world is doomed, and it's all my fault." Vincent says

"That's crazy! We've all fought the 13 ghosts. If it really is the end we're all responsible." Flim Flam says as Alexis nods and shifts back to human form.

"No you don't understand. The portrait hanging in my family's castle. It isn't of me but my ancestor. The first to bear the name Van Ghoul. He was the most powerful sorcerer the world has ever known. But power corrupts. Little by little he used his magic to twist the will of man into his service. But the powers of good conspired to relieve my ancestor of his self-appointed throne. He was defeated, stripped of his mortality, trapped in a specially-crafted inescapable prison. Where unfortunately he had nothing but to wait and grow his already substantial powers. In life he was called Asamad Van Ghoul. But now he goes by... Asmodeus. I'm the last of the Van Ghouls. And as such the crimes of my ancestor are my responsibility and mine alone. I'm sorry I never told you." Vincent says.

"Old fool! It's finished! The chest is mine!" A voice shouts revealing to be Asmodeus as he is holding the chest.

"He's releasing the ghosts! We're too late." Vincent says.

"Velma now! Use the Vacuu-Spook!" Flim Flam shouts.

"No." Velma says as she puts the weapon down.

"What are you doing?" Daphne asks.

"Mr. Van Ghoul something's bothering me. In the last day, I've seen everything I believed turned upside down. Ghosts and demons were real. So I decided to play by that set of rules." Velma says.

"Velma what are you saying?" Alexis asks.

"I'm saying that rules are rules. And the first rule of the chest of demons is that it can only be opened by the living." Velma says.

"Yes it is. I think it's time we see who this king of demons really is." Daphne says as she uses the machine to pull a mask off the creature.

"It... It can't be. I saw you die." Vincent says seeing the creature is Mortfifer.

"You saw an illusion. I was always good with illusions. I wanted the chest Vincent. But you wouldn't let it go. You thought it called to you. You never saw for what it really is. An artifact. Ancient, beautiful, and priceless." Mortifer says.

"Priceless? Then how'd you come up with 10 million?" A man from the yard sale asks.

"Bernie Alan?" Fred asks.

"Bernie Alan? Ha I think not. Vance Linklater. Undercover Interpol detective and amateur figure skater. Swarm boys. We've been tracking old Quinchie here for months ever since he began reaching out to the world's wealthiest collectors about selling them the legendary chest of demons. But the trail went cold after your garage sale, kids. So lucky I was in town for the upper Himalayas Men's Interpretive Semi-finals." The man says.

"Like if you're a cop then like why did you run away from us?" Shaggy asks.

"I'm afraid of teenagers." Vance says.

"So it was only about profiting off the sale of an ancient relic. It was never about releasing the 13 ghosts." Daphne says.

"Like speaking of which where are they? What was with all that vapor?" Shaggy asks.

"Old sandwich." Scooby says as he opens the chest.

"I think I shipped Vincent the wrong chest of demons. This... This one's the cooler I bought off Flim Flam." Shaggy says.

"Told you I sold one. The mist and screams are just part of the premium, total-immersion package." Flim Flam says as the group wraps up with the case.