Chapter 9

Xpel's heart raced as she darted through the crowded streets of Fes, Morocco, with Bucky Barnes hot on her trail. She could hear his heavy footsteps pounding against the pavement, and she knew that if she didn't lose him soon, she'd be caught.

Xpel's telekinetic abilities had helped her evade her pursuer so far, but she knew she couldn't keep this up forever.

As she rounded a corner, Xpel spotted a narrow alleyway and darted inside. She pressed her back against the wall, panting heavily as she tried to catch her breath. But before she could gather her thoughts, Bucky Barnes appeared at the alleyway's entrance, his gun drawn.

"Let me just walk you through hypothetical," Bucky remarked.

"Stand down now, or we'll do this the hard way. This is your last warning."

Knowing if she complied, she would be straight back into a box cell, she raised her hands and focused her telekinetic powers on Bucky's gun, sending it flying out of his hand and clattering to the ground.

Bucky's eyes widened in surprise, but he didn't let his guard down. Instead, he lunged at Xpel, his metal arm gleaming in the dim alleyway light.

Xpel barely managed to dodge his attack, before using her telekinesis to hurl his discarded gun at his head with so much force he crumpled to the ground with his head spinning.

Before she could think of her next move, Xpel was shoved to the ground as Captain America's shield plummeted into her side. Taking in a sharp breath, she staggered back to her feet. Willing herself to continue.

Xpel now stood opposite Steve Rodgers as they circled each other warily, with Bucky starting to regain consciousness. Xpel knew that she couldn't take on Steve in a straight fight, but she also knew she had one advantage: agility.

So when Steve charged at her, Xpel darted past him and sprinted down the alleyway. She could hear Steve's footsteps thundering after her, and she knew that she had to lose him.

Xpel emerged onto a busy street, pushing her way through the crowds of people as she searched for an escape route. 

But as she ran, Xpel heard the whistling sound of arrows flying towards her. She instinctively ducked and weaved, narrowly avoiding each one as they whizzed past her head. She looked up to see Clint Barton perched on a nearby rooftop, a smirk on his face as he continued to fire tranquilliser arrows in her direction.

Xpel knew she wouldn't be able to outrun Steve if she kept having to dodge these arrows, so she focused her telekinetic powers on Clint. With a flick of her wrist, she sent a wave of force towards him, knocking him off balance and causing him to drop his bow.

Feeling relieved that she had neutralised one of her attackers, Xpel turned her attention back to escaping.

But as Xpel ducked into a small courtyard, Steve's hand snaked out and grabbed her by the arm. Xpel stumbled but managed to keep her footing as she sent a burst of telekinetic energy at Steve's face.

The blow staggered him as Xpel used the opportunity to free herself and dart further into the courtyard. 

Suddenly, Natasha jumped down from above, landing on top of Xpel as they both fell to the ground in a heap.

Staggering back to her feet again, Xpel tensed as she realised that she was now trapped between Captain America and the Black Widow.

Xpel prepared to fight once more as she breathed heavily. She was exhausted, her powers running low, outnumbered and outmatched, but she knew that she couldn't give up without a fight.

Steve charged at her, his shield raised high. Xpel dodged to the side, narrowly avoiding the blow. Natasha circled behind her, but Xpel was too quick for her, using her telekinetic powers to send Natasha flying across the courtyard. Feeling blood run out of her nose from over-exerting her powers.

But Steve was upon her once more before Xpel could catch her breath. He swung his shield at her, and Xpel barely blocked the blow with her telekinetic force field.

With one last attempt at escaping, Xpel through her hands down towards the ground with a cry as she sent a wave of power, knocking Steve and Natasha to the ground.

Ignoring the agonising throb that coursed through her head, she turned behind her and desperately began to scale the outer building in a final attempt to flee.