the picnic

I had just put on my fanciest clothes -which was just a white button up and a dark green vest on top- I was contemplating putting on a tie but when i looked for one I couldn't find anywhere.

*ding*

I check my phone and I saw that I had gotten a text from... Morgan? Which was... weird to say the least. It read:

"Hey good luck on that date tonight, hope you and Y/N hit it off!"

I blush. This must have been meant for Reid. I decide not to answer and grab my keys to wait outside my apartment for Spence to pick me up.

When Reid arrived he was dressed in similar attire but his outfit was all charcoal black. He looked gorgeous. My heart began to race more than ever before.

He opened the passenger door for me and then got in the car himself. After getting in he turned down -his already quiet- radio and started driving.

"So um I wasn't sure what you'd like to eat so I got a bunch of food." Spence said, his usually smooth voice cracking slightly.

"That's so kind but you know you could've asked me what I liked!"

"No- I mean yes I know. I just wanted it to be a surprise."

"Cute" After saying that I looked over to see his face flush which caused me to smirk, seeing my effect on him.

We arrived at a beautiful park. Flowers were bright and colourful, The grass was such a pretty green. It was perfect, everything was perfect. Spence took out two large picnic baskets from his trunk along with your typical looking red and white checkered blanket. I offered to take one of the baskets to help but he refused and started walking. So I followed.

He stopped under a giant beautiful tree, putting down the baskets so he could put the blanket down. We sat on the blanket while he started taking out the food he had packed. While he was doing that I was distracted by his face. He was concentrated, his eyebrows furrowed. He was so cute.

"Let's eat!"