˖°࿐ Chapter 1

author's note.
_s/n indicating scara's name of your choice
_the traveler will use a they/them pronoun (as lumine), but feel free to hc it as lumine/aether

As a wanderer, I can live anywhere... yet nowhere feels like home.

The sky starts to unravel itself as the rain stops. Sunlight passes through the little windows inside the Sanctuary of Surasthana. It has been almost a month since the incident with the irminsul tree. So far, nothing has been happening too much in Teyvat. A blue-haired boy sighed as he sat back down on the floor, going back in a daze. But a familiar tiny footsteps are heard. It starts to get closer to the room, disturbing this boy's peace.

"Are you truly going to stay inside there s/n?" A familiar soft voice asked while she peaked through the door and her white fading green hair dangling over. She let herself in the room and sat next to the boy, looking back at him like a curious child.

"You know s/n, i remembered you saying that people deserved to know the truth of what happened during your life..

"Are you still finding a way to tell them that?" the girl paused,

"You can't just sit here and wait, opportunities don't just appear by themselves and you know that very well!"

The blue haired boy turned to look at her and sighed once more. "But you said you need me here for the time being.."

People will be familiar with this blue-haired boy, formerly known as Scaramouche or Kunnikuzushi or- well enough said about his past names. Even if people are familiar with him, no one really knows of him... anymore. What happens in the past is already in the past, but a lot of connections are yet to be mend. There's nothing and lots of things he needs to do. And Lesser Lord Kusunali, Nahida, has been taking care of him for some time now. Yes, Scaramouche is still helping out Nahida as per the agreement and he is definitely a big big help to Sumeru. Yet none knew of his existence, except 3 people. And the other two happen to be visiting!

The traveler and Paimon rushed in the Sanctuary just to find the main hall empty. Paimon starts to fly everywhere, screaming, "NAHIDAA?? NAHIDAA..."

"Oh shush Paimon, don't be so noisy, this place echoes so much and my ears are gonna hurt!" the traveler hissed. They started to look around the hall when they suddenly heard a tiny voice behind one of the doors. Paimon starts to float around the traveler. She questioned them about their confused face when they shh-ed her. 

Right away, Paimon seemed to shut her mouth up when she understood what the traveler meant. They slowly knocked on one of the doors and asked, "Nahida? Are you there?" Not a second wasted and the door was already opened. Both of them stared at the door awkwardly before Paimon decided to welcome herself in to  look around.

"Huh, so you are here-" she turned around abruptly and shivered, "Sc- I- Paimon meant s/n! S/n!! Why are you also here?!"

"This is my room you idiot. You want me to kick myself out?!" Scaramouche snapped, "To be honest, I'm still not used with that name being spoken out of your filthy mouth" 

"Yeah, Paimon had the same thought!" Paimon quickly shut her mouth and opened it, "huh.. thats the first time we agreed on something!"

"Heh," Scaramouche replied under his breath. Did he offend her? Yes. But did he also make her subconsciously agree on her filthy mouth? Of course, and that was enough for him. Scaramouche turned back to join the traveler and Nahida's chat. But not long after, he regretted his choice.

"So what brings both of you here?"

"Nothing really, we heard of an upcoming event in Inazuma. So  we're just to say goodbye, heh," the traveler replied. They were just about to leave the room when Nahida said, "Wait a moment, traveler. Can you take this one with you-"

"NO. I'M NOT GOING BACK THERE!" Scaramouche screeched, his pupils shrank. "I- Lesser Lord Kusunali, please... I beg of you. I can do anything you order me to but NOT GOING BACK THERE!"

"Well then, I have this letter that needs to be passed to a certain Kaedehara descendant.. would you be willing to help me out, s/n?" Nahida giggled mischievously then turned to the traveler. She then whispered something about the letter to them. Which they, obviously, agreed on.

Scaramouche shook his head from time to time, implying that he didn't want to take the request up. But when the Dendro Archon has a plan, nothing can change her mind, which also includes this. She wants him to see that the world isn't all as bad as he had experienced. But she also knows that this would be another way for him to start mending his past bonds. In all honesty, if he wanted to actually set things right he could always start from Sumeru since it's where he resides for now. Inazuma though, it was his homeland.. if he wants to set things right, Inazuma would be the best place to start. Both Nahida and Scaramouche understand this, but he's in denial.

"Pardon me, Lesser Lord Kusunali. There is really no need for me to join them to Inazuma!" Scaramouche protested. "The traveler can always hand it to the descendant and I don't need to even join. And easier, you can always send them in their dreams!"

"You know well that it doesn't work like that. Please just do it, I wouldn't like harm coming in your way but caging you like this isn't better either.." Nahida added, "..also, the Traveler here can protect you if something happens"

"I can protect myself okay, I'm not a kid you know!" Scaramouche snapped. Paimon then sighed and said, "Well, there's that attitude back.. guess you can never be scared always huh."

Nahida clasped her hand and smiled. "Well, I'll take that as a yes then. I guess you will be going soon," she said. The letter suddenly formed out of thin air, as if she just made it right there right then. She gave the letter to Scaramouche and turned to the traveler. She also gave the traveler a little trinket and winked.

"Here's a little something to keep you on your travels," she said inside the traveler's mind. "Traveler, sorry to trouble you with s/n again. Please stay safe alright." 

The traveler nodded and smiled. "Thanks Nahida!" And the three of them left the sanctuary.