˖°࿐ Chapter 4

author's note

_long update, i'm trying my best to keep up! (the writer's block starts to kick in and i dont have as much time to write anymore </3)
_ 新年快乐 and Happy Lantern Rite!! thank you for waiting ^^

Darkness engulfed his sight once more and he closed his eyes, unable to withstand the gravity's pressure as his body fell in rapid speed. It felt too real for him..

--------------------
Scaramouche suddenly panted heavily as his consciousness gradually came back. He thought to himself that it was one of the worst visualizations he'd seen. As his senses started to come back, he slowly tried to open his eyes.

The light blinded him and so he closed back his eyes. That was when he realized that he's in someone's embrace. A pair of hands around his waist as his back was pressed towards the other person's body. And his hand was somehow entangled with the other person's making it hard to move. His body unconsciously relaxed from the embrace and his worries slid out of his mind for a second. The warm fuzzy feeling he had never felt during his entire life, he felt it now, yet the mind was still too distant to come to this conclusion. Scaramouche snapped back to reality quickly and tried to carefully move his hands when a voice tingled near his ear, making him fluster a bit.

"Oh, you're awake now..?" Scaramouche quickly deduced that the voice belonged to Kazuha and jolted awake, his eyes quickly meeting the blond's eyes. He stepped back, avoiding Kazuha's touch and glanced around at the place. The tip of their fingers parted and that's when he finally felt the cold breeze brushing pass his neck. And unconsciously, he felt that he wanted to be in Kazuha's warm embrace once more, ignoring the freezing atmosphere of the night.

The bright and glowing moon shone down on the two of them, shaded by a roof and dim, warm lights surrounding them. It seems that they are in some sort of gazebo. And beside him and Kazuha was a tea table and four cushions for sitting. He looked behind and saw some kind of grand door connecting to the gazebo with lots of Inazuma patterns on it. Even if it was dark, he could guess he's outside of someone's place, manor at the very least.

"..where are we?" Scaramouche asked in a low, tired voice.

While keeping the low voice, Kazuha replied to him calmly, "We're in the Kamisato Estate, I am not sure if you know but they're one of the tri-commisions of Inazuma! They're also the one that hosted the Test of Courage."

'The.. Kamisato?! Oh shit I'd get busted,' he thought. Then he remembered that no one knew of him anymore. But even then, it still made him feel uneasy, he felt uncomfortable. Yet there's this little consciousness in him, a tiny voice in his head, telling him to stay in the place.

None of the two talked for a long while as they stared at the starry sky from the gazebo, their hair fluttering together with the wind. Kazuha took the moment of silence to slowly slip away and went to walk towards Chinju Forest when Scaramouche noticed him.

"Where are you going?" Scaramouche asked quietly.

Kazuha looked back at Scaramouche and smiled awkwardly. He then explained to him that the two of them were disqualified from the Test of Courage. Of course, Scaramouche didn't have any response nor did he care about it. He joined the test with Kazuha purely to wait till he opens the letter. But also had other reasons that have made him stay till now. Scaramouche waved his hand, signaling Kazuha to wait and he joined him going down to Chinju Forest.

Because they were simply taking a walk, Scaramouche took the time to admire Chinju Forest's sight after a long time. The quiet but peaceful atmosphere calmed both of their minds. As creepy as Chinju Forest could get, it's one of the best scenery in Narukami Island and Scaramouche knew it. But taking a stroll in the alluring forest with someone by your side, it's his first and yet he enjoyed it thoroughly even without talking. Yet Scaramouche felt goosebumps the whole walk, it was as if something was following them...? He ignored those thoughts and went turned to Kazuha to distract himself.

A question suddenly surfaced in his mind. He thought out loud, "Hey, why did you want to come here anyway? Did you forget something?"

"No, not really. I was just interested in the tune of the wind here.." Kazuha chuckled. "..it's interesting."

Scaramouche let out a 'pfft' after hearing the ridiculous answer he got. He avoided Kazuha's gaze and replied to him in a whisper, "Childish..... But I get what you meant though." He knew that Kazuha would be able to hear it, but he didn't want to hear what Kazuha would say to him back. Though the more Scaramouche thought about this, he suddenly noticed how similar they both see things. Although Kazuha might see more of the positive things, their general perspectives are similar. Then Scaramouche suddenly thought of telling Kazuha of what happened in his dream. Which turns out Kazuha had thought of the same thing.

Kazuha stopped in his tracks and turned his head to face Scaramouche who had his head down. He sighed and began to ask, "s/n.. Sorry for asking, everyone was so concerned when you suddenly fainted but what happened during the time you fainted?"

Scaramouche was petrified, since he was just thinking about it. When Kazuha finished his sentence, Scaramouche turned back to face Kazuha. He looked at Kazuha, his gaze reflecting the fear in his heart, which Kazuha mistakenly took it as him being mad about the question. In a hurry, he quickly apologized and told Scaramouche that it was also fine if he didn't want to share yet.

"NO! I do want to confide in. I-" Scaramouche stumbled with his words. He quickly took a deep breath and continued phlegmatically, "I think it's better that we sit down. It'll take some time.."

Kazuha nodded in relief, knowing that Scaramouche wasn't mad at him for bringing it up. He quickly found a rock that they could both sit in and patted beside him, telling him to sit next to him. Once the two are comfortable, Scaramouche starts to share his experience. He slowly explained how he was in a dark space. He explained about the purple orb, the silhouette. He told Kazuha everything. It felt as if a weight had been lifted from his chest.

But Kazuha noticed that Scaramouche's voice gets unstable the more he talks, his tone starts to get shakier and excessive emotions pour out. Kazuha slowly slid his hand to Scaramouche's shoulder and pushed it gently towards his shoulder. He caressed his head as tears slowly fell from Scaramouche's eyes.

".....help, it was so painful...," Scaramouche croaked. Though Kauha nodded at him and hushed him to calm him down. He sighed and with a sincere smile on his face, he replied, "I don't know what's going on in your life... but the fact that you're still here means it's still worth living.."

Scaramouche gradually relaxed himself on Kazuha's shoulder and closed his eyes. He muttered, "Honestly, you're such a weirdo."

"If that's your way of saying 'thank you', I'll take that." He chuckled and said no more. He goes back to enjoying the peaceful night silently in Chinju Forest while the wind sweeps through the two of their hair.