Part 15

Rose watched as the raindrops outside slowly filled up the small hole making puddles on the sidewalks. From inside the warmth of the cafe, she sipped her coffee slowly as she kept on people watching. There was a melancholy feeling on this particular day. 

Everyone seemed to be rushing towards some destinations. Some ran or just walked fast holding their umbrella not acknowledging anything, not even looking up from their phone screen. She wondered whether they would reach home safely. Is anyone waiting for them at home? Did they feel lonely when nobody was there to greet them? She shook her head from the thought. It's not her concern.

It has been a week since they came back from Thailand. After their trip, life seemed to be back to normal. Jisoo unnie had another filming session that she had to go to. Jennie unnie mostly occupied with meetings and dance practice for her Solo album. Whereas for Lisa, well she's not really sure where she was most of the time. It's like whatever it was before they left for Lisa's hometown never happened.

"What are you thinking about that makes you frown like that?"

She looked up at the Hyeri unnie smiling face. The older girl was holding her 'perk me up' ice coffee and a plate with two chocolate muffins on top of it. She knew one was for her. She smiled back. She didn't know how they get to be as close as they were now but she was grateful nevertheless. The older girl was the only person that she talks to whenever she is concerned about her roles in Blackpink. It's not that she can't talk about it with her members but she just needs someone from the outside that has been what she's been through to tell her the truth. And for her that someone is Hyeri unnie.

"Don't tell me it's about food again?"

Rose shook her head. "It's about Lisa."

"Oh? You guys went to see her last week right? Is everything okay?"

Rose nodded her head. "She came back with me and Jisoo unnie."

"Well? What is the problem now? You had another fight with her?" Hyeri unnie asked again curiously.

This time Rose shook her head. "No. That's just it. Since we are back here, we don't really fight anymore."

Hyeri raised one of her eyebrows. "Isn't that a good thing? You always were complaining that she was always bothering you before."

"That was the thing. Before, she'll just come barging into my room and do all these things that eventually will make me throw her out of the room. But now, she doesn't even do that. Like last night, she'll just stand there at the doorway, chat with me for a while and just leave."

"Maybe because she realised you don't like what she did before so that's why she stopped?"

Rose just shrugged her shoulders. "It didn't stop her before. Not before she decided to leave....."

Hyeri nodded. She already knows about the situations with Lisa. "You know you can just talk about this with her?"

"I did. But she said the same things that you said. That she just didn't want to bother me."

"So what is really the issue here is that you want her to keep bothering you? Until you throw her out of the room?" Hyeri asked back curiously.

"Urghh...I know it's weird but that's just what we are. She came in, we talked for a while then she got restless and started pestering me, then I scolded her, we fought, then we made up the next day."

"Erm...that's a little weird."

"I know! But that's just us!" Rose said loudly. Loud enough that some of the patrons in the cafe were looking at her weirdly.