Sunshine Heartbeat (Seth Clearwater imprint story) Ch 11

Aimee's POV

The sound of sticks breaking caught my attention and I widen my eyes as I laid my eyes on...
A russet-brown wolf.

"Are you in the...pack or are you really a...normal wolf?" I asked, trying to remember what Seth told me about the pack before. 

It stared at me with its chocolate-brown eyes and dropped its head onto its paws. 

I took a small step forward and was amazed at how close I could get to it. The wolf lifted its head up and watched my every movement in silence. I kneeled down next to it and lifted up the camera.

"Can I take some photos of you?" I whispered softly, watching its beautiful colour fur and wondering if I will get an answer.

To my astonishment, the russet wolf stared into my eyes and makes its way closer to me. I gasped and held my hands out to gently stroke its soft fur. 

The wolf looked up and nudged me in the arm, almost as if telling me to start photographing. I smiled and patted its nose softly, then I focused all my attention on this wonderful animal in front of me.

Jacob's POV

I was patrolling around inner La Push when I caught Aimee's scent. Alone, in the forest...

I followed the trail and told Quil where I'm off to. Aimee was standing in the forest by herself with her camera. I sighed in my head; she should have better sense than coming out here alone at night.

Where is Seth? He should be standing here with his imprint...

I crawled low to the ground and watched her from behind some trees. Suddenly, I caught the disgusting strong scent of a vampire and I jumped up in alert, causing Aimee to search around for the noise I made.

Damn it. I can't leave Aimee here by herself, especially when there's a stupid bloodsucker around.

I considered the situation for a moment and lifted my head up to check if Aimee was still here. At the same time, Aimee stared at my hiding spot and I decided to stay with her until she is gone. I trotted out carefully and remained low so she won't see how large my actual wolf form is.

"Are you in the...pack or are you really a...normal wolf?" she asked and I almost gave a snort.

 Aimee is smart...I guess I should play it safe and pretend that I am a..."normal" wolf as she called it. I dropped my head to my paws and stared at Aimee as she stepped forward nervously and lifted up her camera.

"Can I take some photos of you?" she whispered gently.

Um...why not? I am supposed to be a normal wolf but how would an animal react towards a girl with a camera? 

Oh well, who cares?

I made my way to Aimee slowly, careful not to frighten her. She let out a small gasp and stroked me with her hands gently. I looked at her and gave her a small nudge in the arm.

Come on, you wanted to do the photos.

I watched as she smiled and patted my nose softly. I resisted a low growl from her touch as she busied herself with the camera.

Jacob's POV

After three hours of photographing, Aimee finally stopped and sat next to me...the wolf form me... I had been watching her during the last three hours and it's amazing how she can hold that camera for three hours, snapping away, without stopping at all. I sighed in my head and buried my head onto my paws.

Jake? I am going off patrol now. Sam is taking over. How about you?

Quil's thought entered my head.

No...Aimee is not leaving yet. I can't leave her by herself.

Man...She is still there. It's been what? Three hours...

Yeah...

Well. I am going. Bye, Jake.

Bye.

I lifted my head up again and realised that Aimee had stood up and made her way further into the forest. I stood up and rushed to her side, letting out a low warning growl while gently nudging her back to the house. Aimee stared in shock at my action for awhile then slowly strolled back to where we were.

I exhaled in relief, following her back and placed myself next to her, on guard.

Aimee's POV

The russet wolf came next to me and I grinned. It was amazing to be able to take photos of such beautiful animals. I placed my camera on the soft grass and looked up at the moon.

Dad used to take photos of the moon...

Before I knew it, a drop of tear made its way down my cheek. I really miss Dad. I miss him so, so much. Why did he have to die? Why couldn't it be someone else? I know I am selfish. But, honestly, who would want their own family to die?

I wiped the tear away as more and more  tears started falling down my face.

I don't want to be alone; I don't want him to leave me. Mum already did...Why is the world so cruel? I hate being  alone,  I can't stand that feeling...

I laid on the grass and closed my eyes, imagining my life with my mum and dad still present.

Jacob's POV

I stared at Aimee as she laid on the grass, tears spilling from her closed eyes.

What's wrong with you? Are you okay?

I moved forward and laid beside her, licking away her tears. 

Aimee blinked and opened her eyes.

"Oh. It's you." She gave a small laugh and gazed at me with her dark brown eyes. After a few minutes of silence, she gave me another pat and grinned. "Your eyes...they remind me of Jacob Black's...Are you actually Jake?" she questioned, eye wide open for a second. 

I stared back at her and tried to look as wolf-like as possible. Aimee chuckled and smoothed out my fur. 

"Nah, you can't be. I don't think Jake would let me do all these to him!" 

I watched as she shook her head and giggled quietly. 

"You know what...I miss my Dad...a lot. I hate being alone and feeling like I have no one else left in the world..Do you know what it feels like to lose both of your parents? Or knowing that there won't be anyone to care for you in this world anymore...I...really hate it, wolfie...I really do."

Wolfie...Nice...at lease she believes I am a real wolf...But wow, Aimee had it tough huh.

I got up and gave her another lick and nudged her gently.

 Aimee gave me a weak smile in response. "...Wolfie, if I hug you now, will you bite my hand off?" she questioned and I almost snorted again at her question. I stayed as still as I could in one position as Aimee wrapped herself around me gently. 

"It's like you are the best friend I wish I had...I wish I can see you again soon...Thank you for listening to me blabbing this whole time." She whispered next to my ear and gave me a light kiss on my wolf snout. 

I felt myself blushing slightly, knowing she won't see it through my thick fur.

Then, Aimee picked up her camera and started towards the house. I trailed behind her slowly and watched until she reached the steps of the Clearwater's. 

Now that I know that Aimee is safe, I can finally go back home to have a shower and food.

Damn. I really need something to eat...

I rushed home with Aimee's words wandering around in my head...