Sunshine Heartbeat (Seth Clearwater imprint story) Ch 13

Seth's POV

I wandered around La Push looking for Aimee, thinking about all the places that she might be. As I walked past the first Beach, I decided to see if she is here. I stepped onto the sand and memories came floating back. I remember the day when Aimee took photos of me as her model. I smiled at our memories and looking forward to spending more time with her in the future.

Aimee's POV

"Thank you, Kevin. You taught me heaps of stuff today." I said as he helped me put my camera into my bag.

"That's okay. I'm happy to help anytime, especially a pretty girl like you." Kevin whispered near my ear and I blushed madly as I moved away from him.

"Um...Thanks." I mumbled. I walked away a little faster, not sure what to do. Kevin sped up behind me and I turned to see him smirking.

Suddenly, I felt myself tripping over and I let out a small squeal as two pair of arms caught me before I came into contact with the cold, hard sand. I looked up to see Seth's sweet, familiar face and Kevin's good-looking one. I smiled awkwardly, hoping that Kevin will take his hands off my waist.

"You can take your hands off Aimee's waist now. She is alright with me." Seth growled, staring intensely at Kevin. 

Kevin stared back just as intensely, raising his eyebrows. "Who are you? Why should I listen to you?"

I was just about to reply when Seth glared at Kevin and shoved his hands off my waist. He helped me up and gently pushed me behind himself. 

"Se-"I started but Seth shushed me. 

Kevin looked at me and held out his hand, "Aimee, let's go." I stared at him dumbly, unsure what's happening and how to react at all. But before I could do anything, Seth pushed his hand away and tightened his arms around me.

"I am Aimee's boyfriend, Seth. Pleasure to meet you." Seth snapped, grabbing my hands with his warm ones. I gasped silently at his words while fighting the urge to smile at what was said;

Kevin glanced at me, "Really, Aimee?" 

Seth gave him a glare and snarled, "Yes. Really." 

Kevin nodded his head and smirked, "Right then. I am Kevin, Aimee's new friend. Lovely to meet you." Seth looked at him a final time and turned to face me. "Let's go, Aimee."

I nodded, still shocked at what Seth said earlier. "Bye Aimee." Kevin called out, waving his hands. I waved back and Seth groaned, carrying me away from Kevin.

Kevin's POV

I watched with amusement as Seth carried Aimee away from me. I chuckled quietly to myself, swinging Aimee's camera bag.

Looks like Aimee is going to see me again soon anyway...

I placed her camera inside her bag and zipped it up, happy that I will be able to see Aimee again.

She is a lovely girl, I am glad I went to the beach today...except that Seth might be some trouble.

Seth's POV

I carried Aimee in my arms until we were far from that stupid Kevin guy. I placed Aimee on the seat gently and sighed in desparation. There was a silence and I shifted uncomfortably in my seat.

"Seth?"

"Yeah?"

"Did...did you just say...that you are my...boyfriend earlier?"

I froze.

Damn it. I didn't mean to say that out loud. I just didn't want Kevin to hang around her too much...What should I say?

Aimee's POV

"Seth?"

"Yeah?"

"Did...did you just say...that you are my...boyfriend earlier?" I stuttered and I watched as Seth froze. A sinking feeling entered my heart and I grabbed myself tightly to calm my emotions.

"Aimee, I...I am sorry if you didn't like it. It...It was just...so that Kevin will back off...I am sorry, I didn't mean to." Seth mumbled and looked down. 

I stared at the ground and for the third time today, I was unsure of what to do or say. 

Seth sighed and I looked up at him. "It's alright. I am fine." I forced a weak smile and turned to head home.

"WAIT, Aimee!" Seth yelled and I turned to face him slowly. "Yes?" I asked. 

"I...I...you...nothing..." he muttered nervously. 

I watched him suspiciously, knowing that he wanted to ask or tell me something, but I decided to let it go. I was too tired to respond to anything at the moment.

Seth's POV

I sighed as Aimee left me alone on the beach.

Damn it. Why can't you just ask, Seth Clearwater? Just spill it all out and Aimee will say yes. Is it really that hard to ask Aimee to be your girlfriend?

I ran a hand though my hair and groaned.

Yeah...yeah it is.

Aimee's POV

I wandered slowly back to Seth's house but just as I was about to go in. I heard a small rustle in the forest. Curious, I made my way slowly towards the sound. Suddenly, something wet touched my leg and I gave a small yelp. 

I turned around and saw the russet wolf from the night. I chuckled, kneeling down so I could see the beautiful wolf's lovely brown eyes. 

"Hey there, wolfie." I whispered and the wolf replied with plain silence. 

I frowned and gave him a small pat. "How are you today? Wouldn't it be good if I was a wolf? Life would be much simpler." 

I sighed and laid next to the wolf, focusing on its steady heartbeat and somehow I managed to drift to sleep.

Jacob's POV

I caught Aimee's scent and followed her in the forest. 

I watched as she stopped in front of the house. I moved around to get a better view, causing a rustling noise while Aimee quickly turned and stared straight into my eyes without knowing it.

 She made her way over to me and I hid behind the tree. While her back was turned to me, I gave her a small lick on the leg and crouched down on the ground, waiting for her to notice me. I watched with amusement as a loud yelp escaped Aimee's mouth. I snorted silently at her reaction. Aimee gave a light chuckle and knelt down beside me. "Hey there, wolfie."

Damn it. That name is back again.

I stared at her eyes without a reply. 

It's not like I could say anything anyway. Aimee frowned and gave me a small pat, I resisted the growl."How are you today? Wouldn't it be good if I was a wolf? Life would be much simpler." Aimee sighed and lay next to me.

To my amazement, she fell asleep by my side and I watched her angelic features as she slept peacefully. Moving closer to her, I stayed on watch for her safety, knowing that I cannot leave until she wakes.