Sunshine Heartbeat (Seth Clearwater imprint story) Ch 14

Jacob's POV

I looked up to see that it was slowly getting dark. I turned back to Aimee who was still fast asleep. I sighed and got up, stretching my back. Rain started to fall and I quickly ran behind the tree, phasing back into my human form. I ran back to Aimee and lifted her up, carrying her in my arms. She gave a quiet moan as her eyes started to flutter. I groaned and moved faster, hoping she won't see me. I don't want her to find out that I, Jacob Black am actually her "wolfie". 

Panicking, I lifted her over my shoulder gently so she won't see my face. I walked slowly, listening for any noises. Aimee shuffled a bit but fell silent after that. I sighed and relaxed a little. I carried her back in my arms, checking if she's really asleep.

"Almost there..." I whispered, rushing her into Seth's house.

Aimee's POV

"Almost there..." A husky voice said from what seemed like a distance. I whined as I struggled in a pair of warm arms. Sweats were forming on my forehead and I moaned in frustration. "Aimee..." The same voice said with a worrying tone. I groaned as I fell back into darkness.

Seth's POV

"Jacob? What happened to Aimee?" I asked as Jake burst thought the door. He laid Aimee on the sofa and asked Quil for a wet towel.

"She...Aimee...I found her asleep near the forest ground and I just...um...carried her back in since it started to rain." He muttered, shaking his head dry. "

I think...Aimee has a fever or something. She was moaning and sweating the whole way here." I stared in shock as Jake went and changed into dry clothes. 

I felt a nudge on my shoulder, "Hey, Seth. Towel." Quil mumbled and went to look at Aimee. I took the towel and placed it on Aimee's forehead and I watched as her beautiful face twisted in pain.

"Aimee? "I asked worryingly, holding her cold hands in my hot ones.

A small moan from Aimee was my only reply. I clung onto my imprint's hands, hoping that I could make her feel better. Just then, Jake came back in, a distressing look crossed his features. "I am getting Sam and Emily." I nodded and returned my focus back to Aimee.

Aimee...I am sorry. I should've followed you...It's all my fault...Please wake up, you are frightening me. Wake up, Aimee.

Jacob's POV

It was my fault.

I should never have let Aimee to go to sleep in the forest. I should have brought her back to the house so she wouldn't get sick. It was all my fault. I ran as fast as I could to Sam's house, hoping that Emily could do a better job at taking care of Aimee.

I am sorry, Aimee. I should've looked after you better.

Kevin's POV

I stared at the piece of paper with Aimee's address written across it.

Should I go or not?

Go.

Not.

Go.

Not.

Go.

Not.

Go.

I should, shouldn't I? I have an excuse. I have to give her the camera back...