she asks your parents if she can ask you to be her girlfriend (requested)

"Oh, Hyeju, hello! Good to see you." Your father greeted as he and your mom walked through the front door.

Hyeju smiled a little before putting her index finger against her lips and nodding down at you.

Your parents stepped around and saw that you were sound asleep with your head on Hyeju's shoulder.

Her arm was wrapped around you, her hand resting on your back with her fingers spaced out and occasionally brushing against your skin.

"Oh, sorry. We'll leave you two alone." Your mom whispered. "If you need anything, we'll be upstairs."

Hyeju looked down to make sure that you were still asleep before looking back at your parents.

"Wait! I have a question for you both." She said. "Can you sit? I want to talk to you about something important."

Your parents frowned a little as they sat down on the couch across from the one you and Hyeju were on.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. I just wanted to talk to you both."

She took a deep breath and looked at you sleeping on her before looking back at your parents.

Even though you're an adult, you still live with your parents.

Right now, it's only until you get on your own two feet.

But you don't mind it at all and neither do your parents because you're extremely close.

Hyeju found this out the moment you first introduced her to your parents a few months ago.

But she's only ever been introduced to the ones that mean the most to you as a friend despite knowing you both feel something stronger than that for each other.

And she wants to change that title now.

"I know how close you are to Y/N so I wanted to run this by you before I talk to her. I wanted your permission to ask her to be my girlfriend."

Your parents were surprised as it's not a common thing to do these days.

But it was a good surprise.

"Oh, we'd love that!" Your mom said.

"Really?" Hyeju asked, a look of relief in her eyes.

"Yeah. Y/N always talks about you. It's clear that she likes you a lot and it's so sweet of you to talk to us about it. We give you permission!"

"Thank you." Hyeju smiled. "I care so much about her. I promise I'll take good care of her and treat her like the queen she is."

"That's what I like to hear." Your dad said, making Hyeju and your mom chuckle.

"She likes me?" Hyeju asked a few seconds later. "I mean, I see it too. But I like knowing others do too."

"She's crazy about you. She's been waiting for you to court her for some time now."

Hyeju's chest filled with butterflies.

"I've just been too nervous to do so until recently. But she means everything to me. I promise I'll never let her think otherwise."

They were all unaware that you weren't sleeping.

You have t been from the moment your parents arrived home.

You've heard every word.

And holding back the smile that was pulling at your lips was very difficult for you because you are truly crazy about Hyeju and you want to be with her more than anything.

You can't wait for her to ask you.

It's going to be the best day of your life.