1

"Wa Alaikum-" She couldn't finish her greeting though

Someone came from the backside and hit Saad's head, making him turn back.

"I told you to wait for us," Asad whisper-yelled.

Asma could recognize him easily as Samad who is going to be engaged to Sadaf, her best friend. He looked very similar to the one who was standing before her.

A tad bit of difference is that, even though she had heard they both were twins. In character, they both looked poles apart.

Samad - the one who is going to be engaged - has once visited Palestine and he was very quiet, wore elegance in his speech and had an innocent vibe around him while his twin half looked the opposite of him.

Saad rubbed the back of his head, "You did take forever to park."

"You can't blame me if there was no empty parking space."

"Stop it you too," A girl her age cut them off, coming into view.

"Khadija-"

"Mamu-"

"Oh! Please, not Mamu," Asad almost whined.

"You are her Mamu. She will obviously call you that!" Jesima spoke for the first time.

"Not you too-" Asad's gaze fell on her and his face beamed with delight. "Assalamu Alaikum, Jessie."

"Guess you have not changed one percent." Jesima shook her head, regardless, replying to the Salam.

"I have told you many times. Change is not for the legends."

Saad coughed pushing his glasses up while earning a glare from Asad. He then rolled his eyes and moved to welcome Sadaf, "Assalamu Alaikum Bhabhi to be."

Sadaf slightly blushed at the last part.

After she had replied, Asad and Khadija looked at Asma in the wheelchair, finally giving her attention. "Woah!" Khadija exclaimed.

Asad was first to come out of his reverie.   He suddenly walked up to her, kneeling on the concrete pavement, he placed his hands on either side of the chair.

"Is this beauty, Asma?"

Asma's heart was in her throat, the closeness of his gesture knocking off something inside her.

"Asad-" Jesima laughed nervously, calling out to him.

He held one of his hands up to let him continue.

"You are." He whispered to himself.

Asma almost felt jittery. The nerve of this guy.

Words failed to come out of her mouth and her face became warm. When he realized that she wouldn't reply, he broke the silence, "I can say," He got up and took a few steps back, "She looks like your xerox copy, "He said to her mother, Jesima. "Except for her–"