15

It had only been two days but to Asad, they had felt like an eternity

An eternity away from her.

His fingers almost felt jittery as he parked the car in the large parking space of Aashiq's mansion. There were two more cars already parked ahead of him which he easily recognized as Maahi's and Ali's while two more stood inside the open garage.

They all gathered for Jesima as she had finally made the move into this house with her daughter. His heart skipped a beat at the mention of her daughter.

The past few days when he was away for work, he had gone through an enormous series of new emotions, his thumb more often had lingered on one particular contact to contact, and many times he had direly desired to hit the call button to hear her voice.

To him she felt like a sickness crawling inside his heart, holding it captive. Infecting his brain cells. Malfunctioning his entire system with her thoughts and even though there were remedies available for the treatment of this disease, he didn't want to be cured.

Dying for her doesn't seem to be a bad idea.

Dying in the sickness of love was such a pride, wasn't it?

He shook his head, smiling to himself at his irrational thoughts then again, it was his first time too. First time feeling things differently around someone, for someone.

He felt as light as a beautiful red balloon, flying in the air-

His thoughts took an abrupt stop when he entered through the open doorway, a maid guided him to where his family and friends were. His eyes narrowed together to see all of them crouched near the entrance of the backyard, leaning on one another and looking the same way. His young cousins kneeled while his sisters and brothers stood beside each other.

"What's happening?" He asked but was at once shushed by Fathima, his eyes followed suit to where she was curiously gazing.

There in the backyard beside the pool sat Asma, the occupant of his heart, and Saad-

They both were so indulged in their own conversation that they didn't have a single clue of the crowd that had almost gathered around them in anticipation. Saad was wiping his eyes and grinning at her, What made him cry and laugh at the same time?

A movement near the bush caught his eye, he noticed Khadija slowly crawling towards the two.

His gaze once again traveled back to Asma and then to Saad, he could make out that he was asking her something and she chuckled in between her tears, shaking her head and replying to him.

Khadija didn't even go near them before she heard Asma's reply. The reply made her jump in happiness, "She said yes."

"Omg! She said yes!" Khadija shouted to the crowd once again, a few shrieks of joy followed her but Asad's eyes didn't waiver from Asma. She was shocked at the sudden intrusion as if she wasn't expecting that.