𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟐

I'm not as narrow-minded as to claim that I'm different from the other girls in my year

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I'm not as narrow-minded as to claim that I'm different from the other girls in my year. We both had unique feelings for him, and I didn't want to become the person that claims to be different from everyone else. I'm sure someone else in the world feels almost identical to me.

The realization that someone else in the world was likely in a similar situation to me made me feel reassured. So long as I wasn't alone, then I couldn't be miserable.

That's why, I suppose, I had been drawn in by Rui. Simply the fact that he was so eccentric managed to draw people away from him. We were pretty much opposites in terms of personality, but we both managed to be somewhat isolated. I would rather be in my position than his. Being isolated by people ignoring your existence is better than being intentionally isolated by others.

The boys in the grade thought that Rui was weird, and the girls either agreed or thought that he was incredibly attractive. When we sat down in biology class, he gave me a small feline-like smile before turning his attention to the teacher.

"Today you'll be working in pairs. As this is the start of the year, I figured that we'd have a simple assignment as a segway into our first unit." The teacher proceeded to hand out a seven page packet that wasn't double-sided.

I don't understand why teachers can't just double-side their paper. It saves so much and it takes like one second to do.

Rui quickly skimmed over the pages before pulling out a pencil from his backpack.

"This doesn't look too bad," I spoke to him to break the awkward silence, "we'll definitely be able to get it done."

"I agree," Rui's smooth voice caught me by surprise. Every day I first hear it, my heart jumps out of my chest. "It seems like most of it is review."

1. Which chemical elements make up the majority of living biological matter?

Easy. Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, and nitrogen.
"Just reading it over, it seems like the answer to question one is c, right?"

"I believe so," his fingers elegantly held the pencil as he circled the correct answer. I couldn't help but admire how he managed to maintain such fluidity in his motions.

We finished the packet before everyone else, leaving us with around fifteen minutes of free time before the class ended.

"Kamishiro, you said that you liked performing," I spoke quietly, feeling unsure of myself, "where do you perform?"

With the mention of performing, Rui's eyes lit up a little. "Indeed. I partake in performances alongside my friends."

Ah, he's so pretty when he smiles. His beauty was almost unrealistic as if his very existence wasn't real. "That's neat. It sounds like a lot of fun."

"Most definitely," Rui's lips curved into his usual feline grin.

Ack, he's so handsome. No wonder girls fangirl over him... I might have to join the club. If looks could kill, I would be six feet under right now.

"Kamishiro, I'm a bit unsure about something," I murmured, flipping to the fifth page of the packet. "For this, wouldn't it be 'c?' Looking back on our work, we forgot to factor in one of the alternate species."
His slender hand reached forward and tilted the packet forwards, his veins visible through his porcelain skin. He leaned forwards slightly, so much so that I could feel his sweater lightly brushing against my shoulder. As Rui examined the problem in more detail I felt as if my heart was beating out of my chest. What am I, a middle schooler?

"Ahh, you're right~" he nodded solemnly and adjusted the answer on his own paper. "I apologize for missing that on our first time around."

"Uhm, Kamishiro," I decided to shoot my shot now. To deny that I was curious would simply be a lie. Since my pastime was observing human movement, maybe going to one of his shows would be a good opportunity to get to see what he was like 'in his element.' After all, the only Kamishiro Rui I knew was the one at school. Surely he must act differently in different environments. "Would it be possible to go see one of your performances...?"

Rui blinked in surprise. "You want to see my performance?"

Shit, did that just make things awkward? Was it too much to ask since we've only talked for two days? "If you're uncomfortable with it don't feel pressured. I was just curious to see what it was like, but I don't want to make you do something you don't want to."

To my surprise, his expression was filled with childish delight. "No, it would be delightful if you could attend." His gleaming gaze was focused only on me with such a youthful air, so much so that it rendered me speechless.

Something like this... I would've never gained it from just observing him. Perhaps directly interacting with the subject isn't too bad. My lips curved into a small smile without my control. "Alright then, just let me know the time and place."

Hi guys, sorry for taking so long to update this ff! This one's going to be on the shorter side because the plot is rather simplistic, mainly centering around the romance between the two mcs. (10-20 chapters) :) I'm still experimenting with Rui's character a bit so I may go back and change some things later. Love you all and thank you for reading<33

𝐌𝐈𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐏𝐄 - ★彡[ᴋᴀᴍɪꜱʜɪʀᴏ ʀᴜɪ]★彡जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें