𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟑

Rui Kamishiro was on stage, while a large group of children and adults alike watched him with awe

 Rui Kamishiro was on stage, while a large group of children and adults alike watched him with awe. His elaborate purple outfit brought out his eyes perfectly and the joy and happiness from the stage was practically absorbed by the audience members. On stage with him were three other people who matched and perhaps even surpassed his energy. Well...saying three people was a bit of a stretch. In reality, it was two people and a moving robot.

He shined on stage like a star in the night sky and my eyes were inexplicably drawn to him. It was strange to think that the boy on the stage was the same one from my biology class. Rui seemed so much happier in this setting, away from the judgemental gazes of his peers.

I had come to this performance not expecting all too much, but they were much more professional than I had expected. Their outfits were original and didn't come off as cheap and they projected their voices well enough that the lyrics could clearly be heard by each and every audience member.

I'm glad.

Seeing this new side of Rui wasn't all that bad. Even though it made the distance between us feel even wider, I still got to learn more about him. No matter how pathetic it was, I found my chest tightened with envy. A place to belong, people to be with...I'd never had anything like that. I suppose it was my fault for keeping to myself like a coward, so much more accustomed to just listening and never participating—and yet, this feeling wouldn't fade.

Kamishiro Rui, a boy who was popular in an unpopular fashion. He was radiant, talented, and kind-hearted. All the girls in the grade fawned over him, and most of the guys thought of him as peculiar and slightly unhinged. But at the very least, people were aware of his existence. I was just a wallflower, a background character that features for one panel in a manga and then is forgotten about by the author and never drawn again.

He was beautiful. His hair, his eyes, his spirit; everything about him was the epitome of the beauty of humanity. There was no chance for someone like me to get close to someone like that.

Perhaps this is an overdramatic example, but take the sun and the moon. The moon will never truly reach the sun, and when they overlapped, all it created was a dark eclipse. There could never be a peaceful interaction between the two as they were too far apart to ever properly connect.

The show ended as I was caught up in my selfish and loathsome thoughts. I'm a rotten person, so rotten that I don't deserve to even be beside someone as radiant as Rui. His cheshire-like eyes settled on my own for a moment. I had no idea what kind of expression was on my face right now, but his smile deepened slightly upon meeting my gaze as if he were greeting me in some fashion. However it only lasted for a fleeting moment as he continued their choreography seamlessly, weaving their movements into the rhythm and lyrics of the song they were singing.

Directly interacting with him was enjoyable, but I was sure that I was only burdening him. He had a bright future ahead of him whilst I was still stuck in the same place...nothing would close the gap between us. Watching people provided no real risks but interacting with them was a whole different story. If the person I talked with grew to despise me, I...

I'm scared. I don't want to bother him. I don't want him to hate me. I don't want to accidentally say something stupid and mess everything up.

As soon as their encore finished I left the theme park as fast as I possibly could, feeling as if my thoughts had wrapped around my neck to strangle me until I couldn't stand it any longer.

Hi guys! I finally think that I figured out enough about Rui to continue this fanfic..honestly this may also be sort of a character study because the MC will reflect a lot of his own personal thoughts and behaviors hence causing internal conflict. I have pretty bad social anxiety and worry if everyone hates me all the time so I'm trying to accurately portray the thoughts and feelings of the self insert here :) Honestly if I met someone like Rui in real life, I would probably be overwhelmed if I saw him performing as well lol

Anyways I'm very excited to write this fanfic! It's been a while since I've done a mostly romance-centered story so I hope you guys will enjoy the ride~ updates may be sort of slow at first ^