Going Home

I woke up on top of a small bed that fit at least two people. I looked down when I felt movement in my arms, and I saw that it was Jiayi cuddled into my arms. I smiled and gave her a quick kiss on her head as I looked around. I looked at my body and saw that I was covered in bandages and some bandaids for the smaller cuts. I could feel stitches where my gash would be.

Looking around, I saw that no one was in the room I was in. Racking through my brain trying to think of where I was, I heard the door to the room open. Considering I didn't know where I was, I was immediately on high alert, more so with Jiayi in my arms. I had a little bit of energy, so I could probably use some of my magic enough to escape.

As I thought of a way to escape safely with Jiayi, the door opened more, and I quickly subdued my thoughts, as Monkey King walked in. With some food?

"Oh.. You're awake. Great. Here."

He handed me some fruit that was cut into pieces. There were some mangos, berries, and a few other fruits. I felt my stomach growl in hunger, so I took the plate gently. Looking up at the Monkey King in front of me, I looked back at the fruit and thought I was starving. I had to ask.

"This isn't going to turn me immortal, right?"

I gave him a questioning look and he went quiet after I asked but then he started laughing.

"Hahaha...no it won't make you immortal. The only thing that could would be the peaches from my tree. I thought you knew this already?"

He kept giggling at me.

"You didn't give to laugh, ya know... And Mk is the one who knows about this stuff. How was I supposed to know I'm not a fan. Especially after today."

He suddenly stopped and looked at me, shocked, as if I just gave him the worst insult ever.

"You're not a fan?"

"Not really."

"Seriously?"

"Yes. Why is that so hard to believe?"

He scoffed at me as if I was the one I'm the wrong. I raised my eyebrow as I felt Jiayi wake up from her nap and saw the plate of fruit and the orange monkey in front of us. I guess she was still shy around him and was too scared to ask for food, so she pulled on my shirt and pointed at the fruit when I looked at her. I smiled and gave her to what she was pointing at, which were strawberries. I pulled off the green leaves and handed it to her. She happily took it and ate it silently, but I could still hear her cooing because of the ripe fruit.

"Do you like strawberries, Jiayi?"

She looked up at me and nodded excitedly as she had strawberry all over her face. It was the cutest thing ever. I grabbed a napkin that was on the plate and cleaned her up. She cooed happily as I cleaned her face up.

"Well, when all of this is settled. Do you want to try some strawberry treats I have back at my place?"

She looked at me with stars in her eyes and some drool on her lip. I wiped it off of her, and she suddenly started to nod her head furiously.

"Haha...ok..ok."

"You make sweets?"

I looked back up to the Monkey King and nodded after I was done cleaning Jiayi's face.

"I do. Back at my father's noodle shop. I make different assortment of sweets from cakes to muffins to pies. It's a side hobby I like doing. Why do you ask?"