CHAPTER 16

Ella POV

Bing.

Are you okay? - Traitor

I check my text.

Pftt! Ignore him. He is an ass.

Okay, last night was kind of still blurry.

What the hell happened?

Ella rolls on her back and looks up at the ceiling. Last night she didn't bother to shower. She just grabbed a comfortable enough shirt from the closet to change and ended up curled up in bed crying herself to sleep. She blames Maxwell-the-ding-dong and Sebastian-the-Traitor.

Well, let's look at the events that happened yesterday and slow down a bit.

So, I went to see Bobby. Not only that, I got some information about the old Ella. But, also to find out that I have two gay friends here in New York.

How cool is that.

Then, we headed to this nice little bar which I couldn't remember what it's called. Had a few drinks and talked a bit more before Sebastian told me we needed to go back.

Well, Maxwell came back early and mad at me for no fucking reasons.

He asked me where I was, then when I told him, he was pissed with what I was wearing?!

He must have his mind went hair wire from too much working.

But, he should have not let it out on me! It's a slip on dress for god sake!

Then, he commented that I should have worn a bra??

Who the hell wears a bra with a slip on dress?!

Now, you see how he isn't making any sense at all??

Then what else?

Oh yeah, why was he mad when I called Sebastian, Seb?

That's his fucking name, duh!!

Now, you see why he is a ding dong?

My blood boils just by thinking of them.

My stomach grumbles. All these emotions make me really hungry. It's almost lunch and I'm still in bed. I really don't feel like going out of my room today. But, I reckon maybe Maxwell won't be around the kitchen?

I unlock my room, not even bother to shower or change first. Why bother, when I plan to go back to bed after food.

Stella and Mrs Joan are in the kitchen. They were talking about something but stopped when they saw me come in.

"Hey, good morning. I knocked on your door a few times but no answer so I decided to wait in the kitchen." Stella said.

"Morning. I don't think I need any help today. I can manage. Sorry. I should have texted you." I give her a small smile.

"You sure?" She looks me up and down.

I know I must have looked like a big mess right now.

"Yeah, I'm just going to lie down in bed."

Mrs Joan placed a mixed fruit salad and pancakes in front of me.

I look at her and force a smile. I'm just mentally and emotionally tired to appreciate the foods in front of me.

"Are you alright? Do you have a headache or any pain or something?" Stella looks sincerely concerned.

"I'm just tired."

This mixed fruit salad is good.

"Alright then, since I'm not needed. I guess I'll make a move. Call me if you need any help, though." Stella gives me a quick hug and heads off.

I had just finished my breakfast and was walking back to my room when Maxwell came in with the guy from last night. Maxwell looks at me up and down and he has that face again.

That face from last night.

What is his problem? I frown.

"Wait for me in my office." He said to the other guy.

"What are you wearing?" He asks.

What the f** is his problem?!

This is what normal people call a 'shirt', ding dong.

But, of course today I don't feel like talking to him, so I roll my eyes and just walk away. Pftttt

He seemed to have a problem with everything I wear these days.

I'm not talking to him.

Max POV

Was I being too hard on her?

But, I was so fucking angry.

Why would she wear something like that to meet McLaren?

Okay, fine now that I know he is gay, but he is still a man! And, she even joined him at a bar in that dress!

And, the way she called Sebastian! The way she looked at him when she begged him to get me off her.

Does she like him?

I might be a bit hard on her when I tucked her hair and kissed her roughly. But, I just needed to claim her. To let her know she is mine.

Why doesn't she get it?

I just wanted her to see how much I ache for her.

I really didn't mean to scare her last night. When she cried, it hurt me to know that I hurt her. That's why I needed to let it out at the gym this morning.

And when I came back, only to find myself walking into Ella wearing a white colour man's dress shirt with that messy morning hair.

That's why I had to ask Peter to wait for me in my office. I didn't want him or anyone for that matter to ever get to see her like that!

I asked her whose shirt it was, she didn't even answer me. I know she is still mad. She even gives me the silent treatment.

But, I really needed to know whose dress shirt she is wearing to sleep!

Was it Damon's?