CHAPTER 24

Patrick POV

Is she for real?

She was gone MIA for a couple of weeks and was supposed to meet me in Barcelona two weeks ago and she ended up here in Malibu with some smug face who claimed to be her boyfriend?!

"You were supposed to meet me in Spain! Have you had any idea how worried I was?! What's going on? And, who the fuck is he?" I asked her as soon as we reached my rental car.

"Can you please just calm down."

"Calm down? Are you fucking kidding me? And, why the fuck do you need to ask for his permission to come with me? That asshole doesn't own you!"

Nobody owns my baby sister. She definitely doesn't need some guy permission to do anything.

"Oh my god. Pat, can you please just calm down and stop with the swearing. And, his name is Maxwell!"

She got into my car and crossed her arms.

"Where are we going?"

I drove off without even bothering to answer her. I took her to Alex's flat. It was from Alex that I found where Ella is. Alex is a close friend of mine. He was a veteran who used to serve in Iraq so he has some connection with people who know people and those who can have things done.

When she didn't come to meet me at my place in Barcelona as we planned, I didn't think it was anything unusual until a few days passed and still no news from her. That's when I called the embassy, only to find out she didn't even leave the US.

"You stay here?" She asked

"It's my friend Alex's place."

"Now, tell me what's going on." I continued.

She looked around the flat and found herself sitting on one of the couches near the balcony.

"It was a long story. I got involved in an accident and that's when I met Max. I kind of lost some memories. Until recently. I still don't remember a lot of things though."

I look at her from head to toe. That's when I noticed her tiny plastic boot cast.

How on earth that I didn't notice that before?

So she had an accident. Met that smug face. Lost memories.

Wait.. how the hell are they a thing now? They haven't even known each other that long!

"You are coming home with me."

"No. I like it here! I'm staying with Max."

I'm so going to kill him.

I texted Alex and headed to the door.

We are at your place. Might need another favour. - Patrick

Just parked my car. Be up in a bit. What's up? - Alex

Stay there. - Patrick

"Let's go. We are going to pick up your stuff." I opened the door for her.

She frowned and pouted like she always did everytime she didn't get what she wanted. She walks slowly to the door.

Well that pout is not going to work on me this time young lady.

The hell I'm going to let my baby sister stay with that smug face!

"Ella come on. Get in."

Alex's car door is already wide open and she stubbornly just stands there frowning and staring at me and Alex.