✿36

Hey, why so serious?~

It was silent- probably awkwardly silent

It was silent- probably awkwardly silent. No one spoke a single word but just stared at the two kids playing in the sandpit with their small plastic buckets and shovels. The two adults were sitting on the bench, each at two extreme sides under the shade of a tree. Chirping of the birds could be heard from the distant. Eunseo was contemplating to ask the other man anything. She looked at her right and saw him sitting with a straight posture, crossed arms over his chest and a leg over the other which was his usual way of sitting. Taking a deep breath, the girl finally managed to make words and ask, "So,... it means... Jaerin is... your daughter?"

"Hmm", Jaemin just hummed, eyes fixed on the ground.

"Oh okay." She looked away and her lips pursed into a thin line.

"You aren't curious about anything? About me and Jaerin?", he asked her in his deep voice.

The brunette leaned on the bench and nodded. "Yes, I am. I have so many questions. But I don't think I am capable of asking you those."

"Thanks for not asking anything. I don't think I can even answer them."

She gulped the lump in her throat. "But I want to know something. Does Chairman Na and Madam know about all these?"

The blond blinked his eyes a few times before shaking his head.

Eunseo let out a gasp. "You didn't tell them? Why?"

He kept quiet, without uttering a single word.

"Is it because of your Mom? Jaerin is three years old now and you couldn't tell your parents about all these?" Her voice was gentle and soft.

"Yeah. I know how Mom will react if she ever get to know about this. She will never accept her."

"Uhh I don't know if I am right but I think you are misunderstanding your Mom."

Now, he faced her with a confused expression. "What do you mean?"

"Yes, she wasn't with you when you needed her in your childhood. She was always busy with her work. Your Dad too. But have you ever thought about it? They just want to give you the best life? She wanted your life to be secured. She was strict, maybe because she wanted you to be a person who can do his own things, doesn't need anyone's help, can live independently. She just wanted you to be strong, atleast emotionally. She was stern, scolded you and maybe her way of showing affection was not right but that doesn't mean that she doesn't love you. Try to understand her a little bit more. She wants the best for you. I'm sure about it."

"And how do you know?"

"Because I am a mother myself."

Jaemin's eyes gazed into hers before shifting his attention to Rowoon who was smiling and laughing along with his daughter. He realized that she had gone through so much just like him. Becoming a parent at an early age was hard for him but it was definitely harder for her. He nodded and said, "Okay, I will tell them soon."